[P]  Necklace of Rope

Venemtress

5 y/o medium Female

She had done everything she could to get to the meeting on time. Yet lady fortune had not had her back. Despite how hard she had tried to make it to the founding of the new Order, she had missed it. The pink pelt of Anaru disappearing had been barely seen while the rest of the pack staring at each other in confusion. She had not made it in time to see what had happened, discuss ranks, or have Anaru acknowledge her presence. It stung like a sharp needle in her heart; the shock of it rendering her stiff. So when everyone else turned away to disburse, she had stood and stared in disbelief, not ready to acknowledge that it was actually over... 

To stay in Founder's Grove would have been improper without Anaru's acknowledgement. No matter how her heart longed to remain, heavy paws had gone back to the Wash. At least until things had settled in the grove. The days had moved slowly, achingly. Time away from her home stung like an open sore, and the more time she spent away the rawer it became. When she felt the time was right, she had returned to the borders, seeking entrance. Yet it was discovered that Anaru had slipped away with Odin. It had taken everything in her not to scream. 

Again, she had wandered away. It was growing harder to be patient. After all the time she had spent alone, she yearned for home. It was a rabbit and she were starving. It was just within her grasp. A tip of her chin and she might clutch it in her fangs. Her heart ached to be with her old friends- even Fallyn. The time apart had given her temper time to soothe and all that was left was a deep, dark well of longing to be within the Order again. Her one desire.     

It was daylight now, though only a few hours away from sunset. A howl sounded for Anaru. For the third time, Venemtress had come calling. She stood at the border, heart pounding. The vines in her tail gave a low but sharp rattle as she stood anxiously waiting.   

V

@Anaru

Anaru

3 y/o large Female
"  she demands a sacrifice; "

ooc: this would be before Anaru's wounds

She bore...mixed feelings; after Odin informed her following a sacred night they shared beneath the stars, that Venemtress had attempted to kiss him. There was turmoil within her, Odin had done right by refusing her, but Ven, she was not even an official member among her people and already she sought to betray her? Held a knife ready to thrust it into Anaru's back. And so when that call rang through the sky, the sound of the womans voice echoing over the grove just a short time before the sun was dipping into slumber the womans head shot up.

Audits pulling atop her crown, pale lips curling; twitching in her frustration and irritability. Slender frame would rise from where she lay, body gracefully so snaking from between the trees and shadows, pale paws drawing her closer to the border of her land. Golden hues searching the horizon for the woman, which she soon found, eyes resting upon the females dark earthen pelt as Anaru wove from the trees to come easily into view. 

"Hello Ven," she would muse softly, long audits twitching, slender face turning to meet the woman. And she imagined, she imagined Ven pressing close to Odin, her fur mixing and mingling with the thick coat upon his chest, their colors blending as Ven would lean in to steal a kiss from a man who's scent bled with Anaru's. Anaru's smell would have been heavy on Odin at the time, perhaps she missed it? Overlooked it? No. Delicately Anaru's lips would twitch, sharp auric pools fixated upon Venemtress with a burning intent. Questions a hundred or so flicked behind the Patriarchs eyes. She kept the border between them, while she was unafraid she was also unwilling to put herself in a position where the woman could rightfully assault her, because at this point Anaru lacked trust in one of her own people. A sister of Eleutheria seeking to betray her, the voice of their people. The protector and carrier of their sacred tradition and beliefs. What kind of games was she trying to play?

Her eyes narrowed upon the other womans crimson pools, the diviner as she always was; hungry for the truth. "Tell me, do you seek to bite the hand that feeds you? Do you carry a knife behind your back?" she mused, her voice impressively calm despite the turmoil beneath. Ven should know better than to lie to her, but if she did in these moments; Anaru would know. "Did you think Odin wouldn't tell me?" she inquired. If Ven didn't know what she meant before, she did now. 

"Anaru speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art Nikkayla @ Deviantart

Venemtress

5 y/o medium Female

At last, the woman came. Venemtress could feel a tingle of anticipation swiftly edge through her body, contorting it into one of alertness and inner eagerness. Her patience had nearly run dry, and Anaru's arrival could not have happened at any sooner a better moment. Her tail vines ceased their soft droning, contenting to sway with easy silence just above the ground, her defenses low. Audits flipped up at the greeting. Horned head lowered, dropping her eyes. Her tail vines gave a soft sway, as much pleasurable emotion as they could give without audible disruption, something she did not want Anaru to interpret as unintentional warning, which the rattle usually meant.    

When blood red eyes lifted, they were keen on Anaru's face and eyes. Yet is was not a familiarity or welcoming expression worn upon the woman's features. The darkness that veiled the otherwise angelic face caused her heart to skip a beat. What had happened to cause Anaru to give her this look? 

She kept her tongue. Anaru's voice was clipped but calm as she questioned her intentions. Earthen face tipped to the side. What did she do to deserve this... unwelcome behavior? More words came, but they still did not find anchor. Odin had told Anaru? Told Anaru what, exactly? Mind reversed, recalling the events from several days prior. She had met Odin after her meeting with Fallyn had ended poorly. They had joked and teased each other, but not more or less than she would have considered the actions of two friends who had not seen each other in an age. Had Odin expressed something else to Anaru? She knew he liked to mock her- it was a part of their relationship- but had he roped Anaru in on a joke? He knew how badly she wanted to return home. It was a deviously clever idea. She did not know Anaru well enough to judge her seriousness, but the back of her mind warned that she should be cautious, just in case this was not a farce between two conspirators.     

"Anaru..." she began, her voice and body language careful. "I will admit that your response has given me a surprise, and I am not sure how to respond... I do not want to make matters worse... What exactly has been said?" 

Ven is confused because there was no accusation. Only that Odin told Anaru.... something. xP 

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

The air had changed around the pair, once the other woman was able to sense her distaste, the sharpness in her eyes. The air grew thick between the pair, as the Patriarchs thoughts churned. The words dancing around in her mind, the images, her imagination would take them and run; putting ideas in her head. False memories of the interaction between Ven and Odin. But she could imagine of course, and the mind loved to play tricks on its victims. But how else was she to feel or think? Of course she trusted Odin — the man she'd known since childhood, over this female. 

"Anaru..." she could hear the caution, her gaze did not waiver from the other female. "I will admit that your response has given me a surprise, and I am not sure how to respond... I do not want to make matters worse... What exactly has been said?" so she wouldn't pick up on it, perhaps she did not bear a guilty conscious then, did she think her behavior was ok? "The morning after Odin and I slipped away to share the night he informed me that you tried to kiss him" she sighed, giving the words a moment to sink in. 

A small pause, it also gave room for Anaru to revisit the shock and anger she had felt initially upon hearing those words fall from the maw of the man she had opened herself to. "He didn't fail to add that he didn't let you...but of course you...pushed yourself onto him — those were his words" the word 'pushed' had the woman gritting her teeth, was Odin's refusal not enough for Ven to get the message? She bit back her rage, allowing it to only broil and bubble beneath the surface. No, she couldn't allow it to be unleashed - it would risk severing the ties to one of her own. Something she didn't want to do, but could Ven be trusted? Or was she intent on flaunting herself around any man she saw fit?

"Anaru speaking,"

Venemtress

5 y/o medium Female
Venemtress

Body remained still and silent, but a flicker of surprise caught her face when Anaru mentioned the failed kiss- the mocking gesture she had made toward Odin. It had been a ruse- only a playful gesture between old friends. There had been no further intentions behind it. Had Odin thought otherwise? Her brows pushed slightly together, worried that not only might she have cursed her chance to rejoin The Order, but also ruined an old friendship as well. Odin had not seemed put off at the time, but perhaps the time that had passed since then had caused him grief? She fretted this until another thought planted itself firmly in her mind. 

It seemed to her that Anaru was upset, not on Odin's behalf, but from her own possessiveness over him. Venemtress' mind quickened. It  drew thoughts and images from her first encounter with Odin up to now. Odin had not mentioned Anaru was his mate when she told him she was on her way to the grove. Certainly he would have said so if they had been at the time. That would be too big of news to keep to himself, seeing as how Venemtress was very familiar of his pining adoration for Anaru. Then after the meeting, neither of them had been around when she had returned, seeking entry. If her assumptions were correct, the two had slipped away together, and may have solidified their relationship during that span. Meaning that this development was very recent. In which case she could understand Anaru's crispness- she was staking her claim and marking Odin as hers, and hers alone. 

So had it happened? Had Odin finally won Anaru over?  

"So- Odin is your mate?" she asked, her voice soft but airy. While Anaru might be bubbling with anger, Venemtress was brewing with delightful anticipation. She would be so pleased to hear of their new bond, if it were true.  

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

"So- Odin is your mate?" came the dark earthen womans words, her voice was soft, lined with anticipation and...hope? The womans slender head would rise slightly, Odin had not told her? Were they not what Anaru thought them to be? Was she a fool for thinking the night they shared sealed a sacred bond? Her anger twisted, turning into something else. The Patriarch felt a twist in her gut and her heart it sank into her stomach, but she would sooner be left to suffer than to let this woman — a stranger who'd taken it upon herself to see beyond barriers she'd spend years building up. The only indication; immensely subtle, how one of her long audits slowly flickered slightly back. What could she even say? 

There was no way in hell she'd be pouring her heart out to Venemtress, exploring these new feelings with someone she barely knew. Someone who sought; in her eyes only to stab her in the back. There was a pause while Anaru dwelled on these feelings, going through the eb and flow of doubt and denial in silence, eyes even coming to fall slightly as thoughts consumed her. 

But in time she lifted them again to find the other womans pools of deep crimson. A small sigh; another minuscule indicator of the womans new found pain "I certainly hope so" her voice fell, and there was a certain weight to her words, they dropped heavy like stone falling from the mountain side. Golden hues no longer sharp and full of judgement and rage, instead they shifted into something solemn as the queen quietly rose from her seated position pivoting on her paws to turn away from Ven, "You are welcome here as an Ordinary for now, when you prove your value to your people we may discuss ranking you up" she mused, detaching herself from Ven and the conversation as she began to slip away in silence; whilst her mind screamed. 

-exit, unless stopped-

"Anaru speaking,"

Venemtress

5 y/o medium Female
Venemtress

Eyes watched Anaru's expression. The woman was so stoic. It was like waiting for a rock to move. Yet ever so slightly the face gave way to inner thoughts. Some Venemtress thought she might be able to interpret, while others were too complex. Slowly though, Anaru met her eyes. Her heart thumped in her chest, and breath stilled in anticipation. Her ears were tipped forward, yearning for the words Anaru was going to release. And when they came, a bright smile spread across her features. The thorns on her tail snapped and rattled excitedly in a repetitive, upbeat thrum. 

""Oh Anaru! This is so great! Odin has been in love with you forever."  she said quickly, her words so excited that she hardly breathed. "Even as pups. He absolutely adores you, you know. Oh- this makes me so happy to hear! He must be thrilled too." 

Anaru stood, and announced that Ven could rejoin the Order. Surprisingly, she had nearly forgotten that the blessing of home had still been lingering! Her thoughts were still reeling from the new development that Venemtress did not even argue being placed as an Ordinary, though the word left a slimy, distasteful feeling in her mouth. Prove her value indeed. Her mind immediately began dreaming up the ways she might accomplish a more dignified position when Anaru slid upwards and turned away, readying herself to head into the inner sanctuary of the grove and the thoughts of rank improvements slipped into the back of her mind. Venemtress stepped up beside the winged one but paused at the queen's flank so as not to overstep her leadership. 

"Thank you for allowing me to stay. It will be nice to be home again..." The earthy toned woman spoke, her voice soft but bubbling with glee. Anaru stepped off, but Ven followed. "It's been a long time..." she mused, mostly to herself though Anaru would be able to hear. "So- that was a wonderful first meeting. I thought your speech was good, even though Fallyn interrupted." A quick glance was given in the direction of the colorful wolf, and when she caught the eye of Anaru she suddenly got the feeling that she should leave the woman be. "Sorry. Sometimes I talk a lot when I am excited... I can see though that you may want some time... to think?" she said, uncertainty in her voice. "I'll just- go that way." she finished lamely, aiming her body in another direction. She would follow this new path unless her continued presence was requested. She doubted Anaru would keep her company, but the emerald colored wolf would happily indulge the Patriarch if it suited her. 

EXIT unless we want to continue

Table @ Centience

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.