[P]  Drop drop drops

Aquila

1 y/o large Female
Hubert, Male Blakiston's fishing owl

Aquila

"Memories come and go under the rain"

Aquila's last few months have been spent with quietness, not doing much apart from growing up. And even after two months, she still felt the effects of realizing she was abandoned by her mother and father. Months could come, years could pass, but the feeling of being unwanted for someone would never leave her, would never drain from her soul. Was she trouble? Did her parents leave her for being a bad girl? But what did she do? Nothing wrong, but well, maybe she would never know the reasons. Who knows if she would ever be the happy pup she used to be? Maybe never.

Today, she walked upon a wood, being almost 6 months old, gave her a bit more freedom to roam, being able to now move further. And there in the morning, her adventurous self pushed her around, making her stick her nose everywhere, caring little if it could be dangerous or not. 

Then, a soft rain started to bath the forest, soaking her dark coat wet. Others may would look for shelter in the spot, but she did not. Somehow she didn't feel bad with it, instead, she felt fascination, amusement for such thing. Little she knew she had an affinity to that particular phenomenon. That someday will become her essence, the essence of what she had within, something that for now was not known. 

@Akarui

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

Akarui

y/o
" I see fire inside the mountain; "

Large paws pressed into the cool earth, the world these days encased in cold, damp weather with winter on the horizon fall had come into full swing. Bringing with it the chill of the land, and a promise of even colder weather. He walked, pushing through the vast array of overgrowth, the branches of the oak trees would wind and curve, some sweeping low to the earth, while others tangled in the sky. It was a mess here, knots and twists of wood and branches, the man sighed, irritation beginning to bubble deep within his core, ears of gold flattening upon the back of his neck as he pushed his way through another mess of tangles, but this time; his temper would snap. A growl erupting from his throat as heat rapidly began emanating from his body, focus locked onto the trees mossy branches the prince was quick to singe them, burning away any that might have hung in front of his face, he huffed as they burned away before him, a plume of smoke pushing through his nostrils. 

And now rain. He would growl, a deep vibrating rumble, striped lips curling up over ivory daggers, muscles growing tense as the rain picked up, the droplets drumming upon his back. Perfect. Anger was what owned him, he despised this place, longing for the familiarity of home. His people, his father, his throne. Rage seared through the man, he could feel it burning through every cell as if fire threatened to erupt from his belly. Like a great volcano, Akarui could blow at any moment. A ticking time bomb clearly etched in the tautness of every muscle. 

He stood rigid, thoughts pulling him close and closer to this explosion, until another wolf sought to distract him. Hues of the sun would flicker ever so slightly, shifting to fall upon the frame of a young girl, still just a child. Akarui only watched from the confines of the trees, eyes igniting just beyond the surface he came to exhale, another small cloud of smoke as he observed the girl of bright blue watching like a dragon might observe ones prey — but he didn't harm children. The man moved then, drawing from the trees so he stood before her, towering over the youth his gaze held only judgement, they were cold at best. "What are you doing out here?" came the command of deep baritone lyrics. The man was much older mentally than he was physically, lacking any sort of childhood, he scrutinized the girl like his father might have done to him. 

"Speaking"

Table by Centience. Art by Starry--knight @ DA

@Aquila

Aquila

1 y/o large Female

Aquila

Aquila kept exploring, taking note of everything. Of each scent, of each detail she could gather in this rainy morning, when her mood fluctuated, along with the rain, feeling her chest blow with any kind of emotions. Some were unfamiliar, others as usual, and for the pup, all came in without reason. And so on, she landed her eyes upon a frog, one on a puddle, and as curious as the little one was, she approached her head toward it, being highly interested in the creature, a creature that for the first time in her life, was seen. And so many questions formed within her head, she as any young wolf, was pretty much questioning about her world, about what wonders she could find. But who to ask? How to ask? So far she only knew Gaius, the man who found her. But would he welcome her interrogations? Would he enjoy her at all? Wo know, but she wasnt too trusting with things, after being left behind by her own family, would it be okay to trust her life with a stranger?

With those things in her head, she lost a bit her mind. Walking to wherever her paws moved her to, not really aware of where. 

After some minutes she sat down, scrutinizing around with those big blue eyes. And as the rain kept with the soft touch, her coat dripped of water, but again she didn't care much. Would some rain kill her? Maybe not right? So there she stood. But then, the noise of steps came upon her ears, and weirdly it sounded like many steps. She turned her head, to see a large creature staring at her. She didn't say anything at first, she wasnt sure if she should talk at all.  "What are you doing out here?" She stared in silence, trying to think an answer. "Exploring," She responded in a soft but somehow low voice, she wasnt too used to talk, so her voice wasnt too developed. "you?" She asked back.

"speaking,"

@Akarui
Table by Centience.

Akarui

y/o
" I see fire inside the mountain; "

The child plopped down before him, moments of silence lingering between them until a single word drew from her sapphire maw, "Exploring," she piped, and Akarui just cocked his head, raising a brow at her. Golden ears flicking atop his crown, "you?" well, he hadn't expected that. The man lowered himself upon his haunches, tail splayed out upon the earth behind him. "Exploring by yourself hm?" he rumbled. "Awfully brave of you i'd say," or stupid. But he'd bite his tongue on that one - for now. 

"And what would you do if you met someone that wanted to hurt you while you were out and about?" ok he couldn't help himself, perhaps he could use this as an opportunity to teach the child a lesson, a very valuable lesson. One in fact, that might just save her life down the road. 

The large brute slowly shifted, lowering himself onto his belly then, his four front legs falling beneath him, he took these moments close to her, to observer her brightly hued pelt. She was like something you might see out of a dark cavern, where the walls would glow from the natural bio luminescent life which grew upon the walls. It was fascinating if he were honest, though he didn't allow his features to break past their stoicism. His face remained cold, full of judgement at best. Of course he hoped to prove to her the severity of what she was doing. She could be kidnapped, or worse. Much worse. 

"Speaking"

@Aquila

Aquila

1 y/o large Female

Aquila

Big blue eyes remained staved onto the man in front of her, pretty interested in them. Their look was pretty much curious, fun and mighty in terms of her childish mind. One free from bad feelings, from judgment, just innocent curiosity and with growing desires of asking questions. She could be the most curious pup if she placed her mind on it, and at times she didn't measure her limits, she didn't know there were at all. "Exploring by yourself hm?" A nod came in response, without a doubt. " yeas." Well, being alone gave shorter options for entertainment. "Awfully brave of you i'd say," "Thanks!" She ignored the fact that it shouldn't be a complained about what she just got, but as young as she was, she couldn't tell it was the opposite.

"And what would you do if you met someone that wanted to hurt you while you were out and about?" "Oh." Well, she never thought of that. Maybe the concept of death or danger was never given to her. Having no parents to do so, made her a ton clumsy about the world she lived in. "I am hungry, and I wanted to find food. " She explained calmly.

@Akarui
"speaking,"
Table by Centience.

Akarui

y/o

"yeas." Akarui would lift a brow at her excited exclamation, clearly she had no concept of the weight of what she was doing here. "Thanks!" the man huffed, his facial expression becoming all the more serious. Muscles growing rigid, whoever was raising this child was doing a hell of a poor job of it. Golden audits flickering back slightly as he shifted his gaze to the large oak trees that created a dense scenery around the pair. Just when it seemed he wasn't going to get anywhere the girl dropped a single word 

"Oh." yeah, didn't consider that one. At least that got through to her - somewhat. "I am hungry, and I wanted to find food. " finally; the reason, or excuse he couldn't tell that she'd come out here by herself. But this discovery only reeled more questions through his mind. Why weren't her parents getting her food? Why was she even hungry, were they not providing for her? Why weren't they beginning to teach her to hunt on her own? She was certainly old enough. Akarui sighed, large shoulders falling slightly allowing himself to ponder his words before he opened his big mouth, he had to be careful here, but he was coming to realize that he needed to find out what was truly going on. "Where are your parents? Is no one providing you with food?" he rumbled gruffly. "And don't lie to me" a warning. His thoughts drifted back to Kristof, the child he'd taken in just a few months ago, but he'd taken off at some point and Akarui never heard from him since, he wondered briefly if he was alright, though didn't waste time moping about it. He'd hardly gotten to even know him if he were being honest.

His eyes flicked back to the girl before him, "What is your name?" he finally asked. 

"Speaking"

Aquila

1 y/o large Female

Aquila

When she saw the man's reaction upon her first words, her confusion became huge as she didn't knows that would anger someone. The man's face hardened and ears of gold flattened, but more than fear, interest, and curiosity made her stay and never doubt. She wanted to ask, ask so many questions but not wanting to make the situation any heavier she decided to leave them to aside for now. She somehow felt kinda stupid, was she giving a bad impression? But that never was a priority for the girl until now, but only this time she was feeling guilt. "Sorry..." But despite anything, she felt well with their presence, well after being alone for some time it was better than anything else.

She stared around with big blue eyes wide, just to take note for then returning her eyes to the man. And since he was taller and bigger she had to look up. "Where are your parents? Is no one providing you with food?" Her heart ached, constricting upon the question. Soon a wave of sadness and sharp pain gushed in her heart. A knot formed in her throat, ears lowered and previous calm eyes started to crystalize. The first thing she did was to look away, feeling her orbs getting wet and soon a shy tear started to crawl down her face, she disliked to cry in front of others but when her mother became a topic of conversations it became hyper hard for her to don't feel sad. "...." She couldn't articulate words, should she speak, she would certainly break into pieces, something she didn't want to do in front of him. But not wanting to make him wait, she forced her words. "I...they..." More tears came down. "They were gone the next day I woke up...I thought they left to hunt but...after hours they never came back...I dont know why..." She did her best to talk clearly. "What is your name?" "Aquila..."

"speaking,"
Table by Centience.
@Akarui

Akarui

y/o

"Sorry..." she murmured, and the man only gave a shake of his head, the braid beneath his jaw swaying as he stared upon her, her eyes never faltering. "Don't apologize - it does nothing. Only action will rectify wrong doings" he corrected, his stern voice cutting through the cold air around them. Her bright eyes would drop, shame enveloping her body, it was clear as day, but shame held no value, it wouldn't undo the past, or make for a brighter future. His brow only rose as a tear traced down her cheek he didn't waiver under her pain either, remaining stoic, cold some might say to the childs rush of emotion. Breaking under the rush of emotion was weakness, those were the words of his father anyway, it was all he knew. "I...they..." she stammered, "Come on now, speak up" he encouraged. 

"They were gone the next day I woke up...I thought they left to hunt but...after hours they never came back...I dont know why..." and then a name "Aquila...." 

Silence fell between them, as Akarui sighed. How many children in this damned place would get abandoned? And clearly with no one to do anything about it. He would have to be the one to give her the hard truth, he wouldn't lie to her, or sugar coat it that did no good, not in the long run. Life was brutal, and she'd need to be able to stand her own against it, lying to her didn't prepare her for anything "Listen, Aquila" he rumbled. "Come on now, don't cry - straighten up child" the words came out in a snap of lyrics as his temper flared for a moment.  "Giving in to your emotion will never do you any kind of good, you must be strong if you are to beat this world" a pause; "You're old enough to know the truth, your parents won't be coming back, odds are they've passed away" he mused, eyes shifting away from her to the trees. "My name's Akarui, I can ensure you're fit with the skills to survive, I can teach you to hunt and defend yourself - what do you say?" his eyes fell upon her once more, raising a brow.

"Speaking"

Aquila

1 y/o large Female

Aquila

"Don't apologize - it does nothing. Only action will rectify wrong doings" Sharp words came from the man, to which Aquila would nod as a response, she was aware of her guilt on this situation, and instead of feeling bad, she took that as a lesson, a lesson she should always remember, maybe it could save her in the future. "Okay," She wasnt too talkative for her age, mostly because she didn't have many chances to talk to others and thus she wasnt used to speak a lot unless the subject was interesting enough for her to speak further than the typical single words or short sentences she always used. But since the man in front of her was something out her normal stuff she felt like speaking to him or at least try. 

She was glad she spoke without much time between both sentences and because of that, she didn't have to take the man's encouragement to speak. It was painful, but she tried to return to her natural serene face, with eyes hardening. And without noticing, the remaining tears somehow just stoped their trail and dry on her blue coat. "Come on now, don't cry - straighten up child" She tried to do what he said, stretching her spine so a firm pose she would gain. "Giving in to your emotion will never do you any kind of good, you must be strong if you are to beat this world" She didn't say anything, she just wished to keep listening. "You're old enough to know the truth, your parents won't be coming back, odds are they've passed away" Well many times she had tried to think otherwise, not knowing what death really meant she always tried to think they just left or that the got lost. But now someone was planting the truth as it always has been. Death was a thing, it was something she would have to learn about. "I understand..." Words were less forced than before, they were drier but with some inches of sorrow but microscopic. 

"My name's Akarui, I can ensure you're fit with the skills to survive, I can teach you to hunt and defend yourself - what do you say?" "Akarui," She repeated just to save it on her memory. "I do want to learn, i want to learn to be strong, to stop crying, I hate it" The truth was those desires. "I do wanna learn from you, I want to follow you." She spoke without douts, this was what she wanted to do and nothing would stop her. 

"speaking,"
Table by Centience.
@Akarui

Akarui

y/o

The girl was falling into a silence that would be almost concerning, but he held no pity for her only high expectations instead. His gaze remained hardened as he looked down upon her, as serious as the man was, he was far from heartless or cold, but feeling bad wouldn't help her at all. He sighed as she murmured the soft single word. He really wasn't good at this, he of course enjoyed children — ones with promise and passion, but he did not speak their language by any means. Gold ears flicked forward as she attempted to straighten herself at his beckon, and the slightest smile stretched over his maw, giving her a nod in approval. "That's better, be proud of who you are" he hoped to give her not only training of her physical body, but also her mentality, and just like that Akarui was beginning to feel like he had some kind of purpose in this world again. 

Though the topic of her parents proved to be a sensitive one, "I understand..."  his thoughts lingered on his own, his mother he hardly knew, his father forbid most contact with her so that he would instead bond with Sekhmet; his warrior. And his father - oh his father, that bitter, angry man. He'd shaped Akarui into what he was today, the same soul filled with a hot temper. But he had a softer spot for children unlike dear old dad who'd sought to train his son for leadership the moment he could see, hear and walk. 

"I do want to learn, i want to learn to be strong, to stop crying, I hate it" gaze snapped upon her, and he nodded. "You will Aquila" "I do wanna learn from you, I want to follow you." He rose then, large head turning, he wanted to find a place less secluded and crowded with trees, somewhere more open. "Come on then," the man rumbled, his broad paws pressing into the cold earth as he lead them from the confines of the forest of oak to find a place he could train her more properly, if she was hungry she would need to find her own food. But he'd help her. 

-exit-

"Speaking"

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.