[AW]  Drip drip drop little April shower

Olu

1 y/o large Male
Open for anyone

Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FUcrQhTBY

D ecember had rolled in as quiet as the first snowflakes in the middle of the night with no creatures awake to hear them. It had been cold,  but not as cold as the stories he had been told of as a whelp, the teaching songs taught to little ones to memorize survival when instincts didn't kick in:

When it's too cold outside
Run inside
Run and hide
Go in a cave and snuggle
Be one with your tail bundle
Find some leaves and don't you sneeze
If you go outside you'll freeze

The children's tale was comforting and Olu gave a happy tail wag to no one in particular, but noticing that the trees here seemed to have grown wider like another section he had noted, but not necessarily taller. But they were darker, too, strangled and weighed down by carpets of growing green things. If there was an animal that ate all the green here, it would be plentiful and fat, and he would eat them and be full.

A crash of thunder interrupted his thoughts sounding like glass had fallen and shattered. He jolted a little, and looked up, seeing a dark and sullen sky, swollen with lightless clouds. It was dark up there. He didn't like looking up, and he didn't like looking up to see that. He wondered if he should abide by the children's song and find himself someplace safe, though he didn't think that it would snow itself in.

Before he could ponder his question more, without any flashes of thunder, gusts of wind, or any other nature theatricals, it simply rained. One minute it was dry, and the next, he was thoroughly wet, his hearing shot by the sounds of water droplets all around him. It was a cold rain, but not sleet, and certainly not snow. A drenching, straight rain like a tropical island mid-day downpour, like standing under a showerhead.

"Fffffff.....", he meant to say a word of profanity, but found his voice wracked with a shiver instead. He shook his head to shake off the mis-speech, and then gave in to the urge to shake out his whole pelt, splattering wet everywhere, and being covered right back up with it in seconds from the sky.

There wasn't any lightning, but he would be too drenched to dry off comfortably in by the time the cold nightfall came, and he didn't fancy having icicles for fur. He needed to find shelter.

Olu's passive power, Nullify, reduces all powers within 50ft. At 10ft, extreme reduction. Additionally, horse/mundane powers act strangely, but repeatably. 

Juryoku

11 y/o large Male
Xenon, Female Wood stork
JurYoku
Setting fire to my lungs; blood in the water, my love.

Claws gripped the mossy ground as he pulled himself onto land. He hadn’t a clue where he was, but that wasn’t a bad thing—it was much the opposite. With no leash around his neck nor an old man to stir back up the uncertainties littered about his mind, the beast only needed to push past the comfort of familiarity and embrace the discomfort of the unknown. He sat at the shore as crimson eyes stared at this forest dominated by oaks and moss.

Xenon was already ahead of him, exploring the forest floor a few meters away from him. It was like the water beside him had a grip on his form, refusing to let go. His core was burning, while his legs were torn by the pressure to either walk forward or hop back into the water. There was no stream he could see that led deeper into the forest, only solid ground. He closed his eyes with a cloud escaping from his nostrils. His familiar called for him to come forth, but could he dare stray upon a sector with no foreseeable water or snow? Then, he felt it. A raindrop.

Did Attahua feel his fear?

Juryoku’s eyes opened to look toward the sky. It was growing dark and to follow the gloom—a roar from whatever beast hid amongst the graying clouds. Xenon ran for cover, using Juryoku as her umbrella. The leviathan chuckled, bringing himself to stand on all fours. With the assurance of rain, he hoped to explore this territory further and find the next water source before the grieving clouds wandered elsewhere.

It was a godsend. The drops of rain went from pecking the earth to downright pouring. He took a deep breath, enjoying the heavy earthy scent brought by the rain. The blue algae upon him was ecstatic as they brilliantly glowed. His mind was pleased by the scenery of these hugging oaks. Though while he passed through a certain area, it wasn’t long when his curious whiskers caught the presence of something; Xenon pinching his chest to draw his attention to what she has saw. It looked to be another wolf from what he could gather through thick branches and swinging moss. He’d change his course and slink in the direction of this stranger. Caution was hinted in Juryoku’s movement, but his energy was as calm as this mystical forest wallowing in the downpour.

“A lovely day, isn’t it? Though your face seems to say otherwise,” he uttered while circling around to the front of the stranger. Juryoku halted just a meter before the other wolf, whiskers reaching out in a subtle "hello". Xenon peeked between his forelegs, giving the stranger wolf a tilt of her head.

@Olu

Olu

1 y/o large Male

I n the rain, the distant trolling of so many insects desperate to get laid, toads sing-songing their territory lines in belches, and the ever present, comforting sound of water drops hitting everything everywhere, and all at once. If he were in a warm and dry hidey-hole, he could drift off to sleep and dream of rolling hills and picturesque waterfalls and being professed the Bestest Good Boy. It wasn't the first time he'd been caught in a drenching rain, and it certainly wasn't the first he felt awkward or unsure. He heard a distant flapping of some great bird and assumed a hawk had found an opportune meal, unknowing that it was not a hawk at all. There were always things moving about, anyways; life didn't exist in a vacuum outside of him.

His shaking off of his pelt hadn't helped matters, and he hunkered his shoulders low, sulking in the moment. He caught sight of blurred movement, and positioned his tail as calm but unsure. As the stranger approached, he noted the others body posture as non-threatening, and decided that this one was older, stronger, and had a hint of other, that all suggested strongly that he, not Olu, was the more dominant one in this place of two, as every gathering must have a leader. Olu swiveled, making himself smaller while flashing his rib-cage, wiggling his butt, and ducking his tail and head, all of the postures shouting "I'M NOT THE BOSS", and "I'M FRIENDLY.".

Being a creature of intense need for body communication, he noted the other's whiskers stretch in either friendliness or curiosity, and he kept his tail low while aiming to either sniff (or boop!) the other's nose with his in a double greeting. Or was it exponential to the second power greeting? He was not good at math but he felt assured that there was no doubt that his actions could be determined as hostile nor aggressive, and that these were all good things for survival, companionship, and getting along with others, and in that order of necessity.

Only now did he allow his limited brain space to process that speech had been uttered, and that they had been words with additional meaning. He paused a second longer before looking upwards at the sky, craning his neck upwards (which exposed his jugular completely), and letting the rain naturally drench into his eyes and slide down his skull and find its way down various bulky curves to eventually meet the ground. He observed there was still no lightning, and felt a little more confident and relaxed. What he meant to say wordlessly was "Look, I'm getting drenched, here.", but these kinds of complicated thoughts really had no place in natural lupine language so it probably looked like a random and surprisingly overly-trusting spine stretch.

"It's wet.", he paused and observed his shoulder as it gave a random muscle twitch as bodies tended to do. "I'm wet.", and wolves weren't really supposed to be wet. The second, inner coat was supposed to keep them dry, insulated, cool, and weather-proof. But this much water this quickly had penetrated and permeated it, as fast as a spring rainstorm penetrates a corvette with the top retracted, parked in the open. He wanted to shake again but he knew it would do no good. He gave a high-pitched but low-volume whine of frustrated anxiety about it, and shook his head a bit miserably, ending in a tilt, as if that could get out a water droplet that had somehow found its way inside his ear and was bothering him, as pesky as a fly.

He observed silently now, perhaps the first true whole intake of the other that he had done. "You like the rain.", not a question or a suggestion but a fact. He saw the bird now, with its round, reflectionless eyes of pure darkness. "Cute.", he added, though he was sure the effect was supposed to be a horrible and dreary omen of misfortune, he did not feel scared. If anything, he felt a little calmer, as if the bird was Juryoku's soul and seeing its visible form were an assurance that Jurkoku had a heart, feelings, and all the other things that went with being mortal and normal. His meeting Polareis had him thinking more about mortality - and non-mortality.

@Juryoku
Olu's passive power, Nullify, reduces all powers within 50ft. At 10ft, extreme reduction. Additionally, horse/mundane powers act strangely, but repeatably. 

Juryoku

11 y/o large Male
Xenon, Female Wood stork
JurYoku

It seemed with each breath that wound through his nostrils had less of a plume to show. There was something odd about this stranger. Not in the way in which they reacted towards him, but this energy that flows throughout this area. A feeling of suppression. And as the minutes would begin to roll by, the stream rising from his nose and maw would steadily become more like melted snow.

Surely, he wasn’t that scary of a fellow. One could say he’s a monster conjured from a pirate’s drunken tales, but he hardly had the inclination to stir the fears and nightmares of those so gullible to believe. Well, maybe every once in a while. Letting a chuckle leave his lips, Juryoku observed this other wolf—curious at how they moved, communicated to him. Admittedly, he was a bit clueless at first; however, it didn’t take his mind long to piece together an idea of what this stranger wished to convey.

The leviathan brought his muzzle close as the other had drew their nose near. His whisker would be the one to do the booping, then he withdrawn his head to return space between them. Juryoku snorted afterwards with slush blasting from his nostrils as a result. A light hum strummed out of his throat, and his tail swayed behind him in sound contentment.

Slight stillness and silence had fell between them for a moment. Such didn’t bother him while he enjoyed the rain pelting against his back. It was when he heard the stranger finally speak did his gaze brighten back up with curiosity. Their words were nothing to think on—they were the fineness of simplicity.

“Well, the rain is what keeps me from becoming a sun dried fish. Delicious for others, yes, but a bit of an inconvenience for myself,” he joked, licking away the slush running from his nose. Surprisingly, Xenon seemed to like the other wolf well enough. Was it because of the compliment, or was their a bug somewhere on their coat Juryoku wasn’t seeing? “These parts of the land are a mystery to me. Are you from around here, or are you floating by?” he asked. It was weird admitting that. How he could not tell of any hideouts, treasures, or traps around here. How he knew not of any other water sources farther away from the one he left.

His wariness was beginning to climb once again.

@Olu

Olu

1 y/o large Male

T he vocal hum he heard resonated with him and vibrated the inner chords of so many warm memories with his family, like being sung a lullaby, being groomed to sleep, being held by his father, and the warm safety of their childhood den. Olu heard a small, steady boyish sound and it was his own hum. He closed his eyes and took the tiniest step fowards, leaning his neck in to take a deep whiff of the other's coat and rest his head in it, like a soft pillow.

But the other's joke reverberated a different memory, and a few inches from snuffling and cuddling in Juryoku's fur, his eyes jolted open and he practically bounced backwards. He blinked furiously and took another cautious step backwards. "Where are the cannibals! We must snuff them out before they infect the rest of this land with their murderous culture! They are a disase! They must be stopped!, and he meant to sound like a man but he sounded like a frightened boy.

"I have lived here for a long time, I was born here, but in a different place, and I can't find my way back. No one ever can. Sometimes I wonder if we are all not truly alive at all but stuck in some place in between heaven and hell and life and death to be held until a later date. "

He had other questions and things he wanted to know now that the topic had come up but the possibility of cannibals in this land had permeated his mind and soiled his thoughts and there was little room left beside all the fear.

@Juryoku

Juryoku

11 y/o large Male
Xenon, Female Wood stork
JurYoku

A mild look of confusion painted his face at the mention of cannibals. The stranger wasn’t wrong, such a monstrous act must be stomped and lit aflame. His lips had curled for a moment with a chuckle almost breaking past closed teeth. However, the amusement was quick to simmer and a slight look of disappointment crossed over. “I’m afraid you’re far too late. One could only hope they faced the most horrific of deaths.” It was a longing mustered up from deep within him. Deeper than he wished to admit.

Juryoku would shake away the dreariness and the few drops of rain that crawled into his ears. As he listened to the other male, he would let go a sigh. The stranger’s last few words, however, had the whiskered fellow tilting his head in obvious intrigue. From cannibals to philosophy, he wasn’t sure what to step on. Well, at least it was clear they were both stuck in the same situation.

His whiskers would stretch high as if asking the gloomy skies for guidance. He did not know this sector, but he wasn’t going to stand here and wait for this downpour to stop. Maybe he had nothing to worry about—after all he knew not his capabilities beyond water. But uncertainty was a bastard, it had all its playing cards. “Where exactly are you from?” he questioned.

Rooted paws would finally undo their restraint as Juryoku ambled toward the other. He’d pass by him, stopping a few meters away and looking back in wait. “There is no in between. I’d say you’d understand once your insides are dragging against the cold ground.” There was a horrid taste that came after those words. The leviathan had to hope the slush he slobbered would take it away.

And as fast as he thrown it, he tried to drop it.

“Surely, we can at least get you out of this rain. You wouldn’t want frost on your nose,” he told. Xenon chattered for the young male to come along, a bit more concerned for him than Juryoku could hint at.

@Olu

Olu

1 y/o large Male

I t took an exceedingly long time for Olu's brain to process what his new friend was saying, and his face was frozen in a confused, contemplative look. The way that the trees swayed in the rain made the environmental lighting shift ever so slightly here and there, these changes in light being reflected in Olu's eyes, almost as if one could visibly see the cogs in his mind turning, churning milk into cream into butter, until at last, he understood. If his mother were here, she would have been delighted at the reprieve from noise and have settled into a light catnap. At last, he understood. There were once cannibals, and now they were dead. Olu nodded to himself, the action visible and terse with the tension of the subject.

Juryoku's seemed to stretch, and it gave Olu the idea of a very large cat stretching luxuriously to settle in an even more sinfully comfortable position. He wondered what it would be like to have an element and to bask in it like this man was.

Olu didn't answer the question about where he was from and instead listened to the man answer his musings on life and this place with a sense of cold finality and discomfort at the subject. He soaked it all up. Well, at least now he knew for sure he was alive and not in some temporary simulatory limbo.

"I can't remember where I'm from. I remember mountains, but I was a puppy then. We traveled with a roving pack in search of big game to split up when I lost my way. I'd never much payed attention before that; I guess I took my home for granted. Now I pay too much attention to everything, like it can happen again; but it can't happen again because the worst has already happened, but I'm still afraid anyways. I just know I haven't felt much at home, but I'm surviving and prey is plentiful. I've met lots of others, everyone so far seems like me, alone, but no one seems lonely. ", he stopped talking at last, and made Juryoku's hum noise again to himself, trying it out. He liked it. It was simple and verbose.

He trotted forwards, quickening his pace to catch up, until his nose fell in line with Juryoku's shoulder in terms of distance behind. Enough to say "I'm not the boss" and "I'm happy to be here" and "I'm coming" and "I'm confident" all at the same time. His tail reflected the same thoughts in position.

"I like your fur. Can I sleep on top of you like a big pillow?", he said absently.

@Juryoku

Juryoku

11 y/o large Male
Xenon, Female Wood stork
JurYoku

His ears perked at the mention of mountains. Wondering eyes shifted over to the young one once he aligned himself beside the whiskered fellow. Juryoku looked at Olu for a moment, digging and tossing his thoughts around in trying to recollect. Has he seen the boy before? Surely, it was wishful thinking—there were likely other mountains apart from the icy peaks he knew so well. And he must pay those allusive mountains a visit someday.

The earth appeared to have its fill as the ground beneath him was becoming quite soft and saturated. Claws gripped tightly with the sight of a downslope up ahead. His pace would become as slow as could be with heavy steps producing a rather strange sound against soaked ground. He began processing what all the yearling has said. How peculiar he found it for one to have forgotten their true home. Crimson eyes held a bit of concern within them while he peered over at the other wolf.

“You’re a young one. It may take time or it may be tomorrow until you find where your soul wishes to rest. To feel at home somewhere,” he explained. An old soul at this day and age, he already had a home to return to. However, he always wondered if he could ever call the sea his other home. A part of him longed to know what the oceans sung and prosed, but could it ever outmatch the cold embrace and loving solitude of the peaks?

“I would imagine it to be a world over stricken with grief if every loner let loneliness be their eyes.”

Large paws stopped just before the downslope. The rain that had no place within the soil was rolling down this hill in small waves. One ear flicked aback at the question asked by the boy. At first, he tilted his head in mild confusion—then, he gave a light snort. “No, I would be rather an uncomfortable, smelly pillow,” he jested. Juryoku took a step forward, marking the start of heading down this slightly flooding hill. “Be careful not to slip. Unless you care to go down a waterslide,” he warned. Leaving from underneath her makeshift umbrella, Xenon decided to glide down and beat the two wolves to the bottom of the hill. She awaited under a tree, keeping watch.

@Olu

Olu

1 y/o large Male

H
e thought this man exceedingly wise, this Juryoku, his new friend. Perhaps one day he would find a home. Perhaps it was his feeling that he didn't have one yet that itself was preventing him from realizing that he did: the entire land, a very, very large place. But as this seemed just was wise as Juryoku's words one moment, the next this thought seemed silly. But he hung onto the new hope that one day he would find a home.

He took a moment to really study this creature, the way his fur was, his whiskers, his color. He was blue, he liked the rain, he shimmered blue, and if he was a color, he would be blue. Olu was not a master in the masteries of magick, but if he had to guess, he would put good game meat on a bet that this man was of the water affinity. "Is everywhere your home when it is raining, Mr.Juryoku? Or only one particular patch of sea? Or is it the entire sea?", but he realized that he had assumed that Juryoku was of the sea, and not, say, a tributary, river, or waterfall. But he was confident that his friend would understand the question. Did Juryoku have a home? Or, because it is raining, was everywhere his home? Like Olu? And how he felt he had no home?

He nodded astutely at the man's words of wisdom about sorrow and loneliness and he had forgotten that every creature had their own burdens to bear. He could let his sadnesses get the best of him, but then he would be a sad, miserable lad. He enjoyed being happy. And to do that, he had to look at the bright side. So every creature was like that, even Juryoku.

Juryoku did not want to be his pillow, he was his own pillow. "It must suck to be uncomfortable in your own skin.", he muttered, half to Juryoku and half to himself, deeming Juryoku's words as literal as possible. He was a simple lad.

His friend warned him of the slope, and here and there in his descent, his careful progress would become sloppy under a turning rock, an unset pebble, or a hidden pothole welled up with water. It felt quiet. He saw his friend's familiar bird fly ahead. He couldn't remember it's name.

Since he had no home, Juryoku had to be leading them to Juryoku's home. He wondered if it would be entirely underwater, and if so, how he would breathe. He imagined a scene as near to The Little Mermaid as his wolf brain would allow. He wondered when Juryoku peed, where did it go? Did it just dissipate all around him and he just continued to swim in it? Did the man eat sea weeds? Or fish? Or thorny, shelled sea creatures? What if he ate sharks? "What if he eats sharks?", he found himself saying out loud, but not conscious of uttering the thought aloud. For a fully grown adult, his speech filter was awfully lacking when he was distracted. Besides, all of this imagining kept him from thinking about how wet he was from the rain and how unhappy he was about it.

@Juryoku

Juryoku

11 y/o large Male
Xenon, Female Wood stork
JurYoku

There were gills hidden behind his cheeks that often flexed for the refreshing pass of water. Restless fins needed to feel useful as they long for a great swim. The algae resting upon him was the most understanding. They did not cry nor would they speak of any lingering hope. But of course, a simple drop of rain was enough to bring them into a brilliant glow—a show that spoke joy. Juryoku thought of Olu’s question to be silly. Not every downpour was enough to calm his shivering core. He nearly succeeded and avoided his incoming panic. Rain was only temporary. If it promised not a flood or the path to a rushing stream, it was merely solace for when he could no longer submerge his form.

Once the sea became a subject of the young wolf’s wave of questions, the leviathan had his brows furrowed. Whether it was from slight displeasure or lagging despair, it held enough power to keep him silent for what seemed like minutes on end. As heavy claws kept him steady down the hill, his mind grew into a void. He could feel his core sputtering—Juryoku coughed up quite a bit of slush as a result. What was happening? He shook his head to rid of the doubt wishing to blanket him. Maybe it was too soon to think the rain was all he needed. His soul was throwing a fit right now.

“My home is the rigid peaks of the north. The sea has no place upon my spirit, but certainly does it whisper,” he told, blowing water from his nose. On his journey here, he could hear it beckon, but he chose to stay close to where he could still see land. Those open waters—there was something discomforting about it. Juryoku would cough again; this time for trying to hold back a chuckle with melting snow still in his lungs. Uncomfortable in his own skin? He’d be damned if that wasn’t a somewhat accurate statement. “Nature is a loving but merciless being. Those above the stars? Senseless.” He took a bold stab at the gods, looking back at all his grandfather had uttered. That old man...

The foot of this hill was right before them, and what rested there was a puddle from the buildup of runoff. Juryoku sprung forward, creating a heavy splash. He overheard Olu’s random question, which ceased the beast’s bout of fun. His head tilted in curiosity. Was the young wolf talking about him? He with sharp claws and strong jaws? Mussels were a hard sought delicacy for him, but so would a shark. If Juryoku would ever encounter one in the first place. “Who eats sharks? What a brave and powerful chap they’d have to be. I heard some sharks could easily rip a head off,” he quipped.

Walking forward, he’d join Xenon under the tree she waited under. His crimson eyes scanned the area they were in now, wondering if they may be approaching on any luck. The rain was becoming less aggressive, and so a clock began ticking in Juryoku’s head. But perhaps there stood no need for the fear, his whiskers quivered as he locked onto a certain direction. “Something is close,” he stated to Olu. The greenery of the trees appeared especially dense as if they were guarding something.

@Olu

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.