[AW]  Hero

Aquila

1 y/o large Female
Hubert, Male Blakiston's fishing owl

The night was young and a young wolf less than a year old rested under the mantle of a tree, embracing herself. She felt immensely lonely, more than before. After losing her parents at such a young age, she felt a devouring coldness in her chest, the coldness of feeling alone in this world. And even if she met some wolves along the path, the hole in her chest remained, the hole only a family could fill. And therein that night more than ever she felt the need of sleeping with someone else, of feeling safe and more than anything loved. And there under the star's watch, she tried her best to sleep, to call some rest upon her growing body. Without knowing in her sides, what seemed to be small wing-like things, but due to her worry upon life, she hasn't noticed them yet. 

And there finally she closed her eyes, falling into a deep sleep...

Then out of a sudden she woke up, but instead of doing so under that tree, she found herself in a different place. There she stood in a dark forest, one with darkness and fog all around. Unsure the girl didn't dare to move and did all she could to wake up from that dream, but all efforts ended in a fail. She could feel her heart be slightly faster than before, ears flattened and legs became rigid as she looked around. 

Soon a voice echoed across the silence, one she hadn't heard since she was only 4 months old. It was her mother's, calling for her. And there she stood, surrounded by the fog. Her expression was blank, staring at the pup. Aquila's eyes opened wide in surprise. Saying anything she raced toward her, tears coming down her face, some landing in the soil under her. Nails dug as she launched herself forward. But upon doing so, her body met nothing, landing on her belly. When she looked around the image was one, instead, she found herself in a dark tunnel, with light at the end. But she didn't want to go, she wanted her mother to come too. 

She saw nothing but then something lightened up, a bifurcation appeared. One way pointed at a way where she could see her mother again at the end of it, watching her. She wanted to go and hug her, to be with her. "Mommy! Where have you been all this time?..." She asked with sadness in her words. But when she was ready to give the first step toward. "You better don't do that kid." A man's voice spoke, and when she looked around she could see something fly and land in front of her. An owl it was. A Blakiston's fish owl. "I want to go with her...I missed her so much..." The owl spoke at the instant. "She is dead, what you see is not real, that's not your mother. Its a trick." The pup broke in cries. Looking at the way of the exit and then at her mother's. This was the first time she was exposed to such an awful choice between some she was looking for all of these seasons and returning to those lonely nights. "Be wise pup, I know to have your mother back sounds the best choice, but should you go that way you'll be losing what life could be stored for you. So many adventures, amazing places to see and enjoy and maybe amazing people that could come your way. The loss of the loved ones can be tough but you must stand up and live for them, live to honor their memory, the efforts they gave so you could be safe now." The owl spoke to which Aquila took her time to digest.

Yes, she missed her mother, yes she wished to see her, to feel her again. But what the world could offer was something she didn't want to waste. "And you won't be alone, never again. I have come to join you in your journey, a journey of a lifetime." Aquila looked at him.  "What's your name?..." She asked, still feeling that sting in her heart. "I am Hubert." With that, she walked to the exit. And there she woke up. Now with and owl looking at her. 

Text "Talke" "Hubert talks"
ooc » notes
table © freakshow

Centience

∞ y/o xsmall Female

Approved!

Mielrövaa

4 y/o small Female

"Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye."
Mielrövaa lowered her crown, gently sniffing a small plant. It had fuzzy, long leaves, and a rather peculiar odor. It smelled . . . earthy? Her lilac eyes narrowed in confusion. Unable to identify it, she sighed, warm breath forming a puff of ochre fog that quickly rose and dissipated in the cold air. Lifting her head, she threw a quick glance over her right shoulder to reassess her surroundings. Letting her guard down for more then a few seconds in a forest reeking to high heaven with cougar stench could very well prove fatal to a small, unaccompanied wolf like her. She was in less danger than, say, a wounded deer, but still. She much preferred keeping a low profile to blundering around and praying to some deaf god for good luck. Mentally shaking her head in exasperation at the silly thought, she noted that her tracks were beginning to fill with rain and set off again at an even lope. Her mind wandered as she jogged. 

She had good reason to be bitter. A divine being she had little to no knowledge of had unexpectedly appeared before her one day, proclaiming her her blessed. Her mark therein took hold of her flesh, magic seeping deep within her soul . . . and then she vanished back into thin air before Mielrövaa so much as had a chance to blink. What had she done to earn the unfettered love of a purported goddess? With no choice but to accept her decree and move on with her life, she tried to do just that. Tried being the key word because she, the goddess, would randomly show up every so often to turn off her magic, bemoaning her greed. “You ought to be more thankful”, she would say before disappearing. The last time she had visited she had been so displeased by her lack of modesty that she had disbanded her pack and exiled her from her home country, calling it a lesson in modesty. 

Mielrövaa rolled her eyes. She stopped, kicking a pebble off the edge of Ravine Pass. She watched it tumble through the air and bounce off  of a rocky crag before falling into the tumultuous waves below, ears pinned. Was this what it felt like to be a god? Merely tolerant of the harsh wind whipping through her gray fur, she turned away from the sharp drop and headed further inland.

Her gait slowed to an easy walk upon entering Oak Tree Basin. Here the trees grew so close together that not only did they shelter her from the biting cold, but their oaken boughs intertwined overhead. Large sheets of moss hung from the dense topiary above. Enticed by a particularly low hanging branch, she carefully bit down on a corner and pulled back, tearing off a great swath of fuzzy green material. Since it’d splashed her with a bit of water as it fell to the ground she decided to drop it for a moment so she could shake out her pelt, but as she bent to pick it back up and throw it over her back she realized with a small jolt of surprise that a blue spotted pup was staring down a very fluffy owl a little ways ahead of her. She recovered quickly however, busying herself with her task while watching the duo out of the corner of her eye. Where was the girl's pack? A quick whiff did nothing to balm her worry.
stock © Khalliys, table © freakshow

@Aquila

Aquila

1 y/o large Female

The pup kept staring at the owl with growing interest. Never in her young life had ever predicted something of this sort would ever happen, no one told her this could happen. But far from disturbing her, it was actually amazing and something she felt great ful of being able to live such thing, a bonding between two beings. And the way how he came to her was beyond natural so she guessed it could be a supernatural creature. "And... how did you find me? Why? Were we meant to meet? And are you like a pet?" She asked in her curious way of thinking. "Not a pet child, I am a familiar. A companion I could say." Aquila nodded calmly, still dying of asking a hundred if not a thousand of questions to her new friend. 

But then her owl turned his head to a different direction where a wolf was seen. A wolf on their own busyness it seemed. Curious burst again, making her want to come closer. What the creature was doing was highly interesting, and Aquila's sick curiosity for everything pushed her forward wagging her tail. "Be careful, you would never know if certain fellows could be dangerous. It is not wise to get into someone's space without permission." Aquila stoped."Hello? What were you doing?" The girl asked not minding any danger that could come by approaching unknown wolves. 

Text "Talke" | "Hubert"
ooc » notes
table © freakshow

@Mielrövaa

Mielrövaa

4 y/o small Female

Her ears perked, swiveling to face Aquila and Hubert as they spoke so that she could better listen in on their conversation. "Be careful, you would never know if certain fellows could be dangerous. It is not wise to get into someone's space without permission." Her lilac eyes widened. She connected the dots in her head, finishing with her task quickly. It seemed it was too late for her to recover from accidentally bursting in on the duo and withdraw. Tearing that sheet of moss from the low hanging oak branch had been a mistake. 

Swinging her head back around, she affirmed her suspicion that the kid had approached her while she threw the soft green blanket over her back. The owl was smart to warn her off of getting too cozy with a foreigner. She was no stranger to violence, but the white faced belle had nothing against children. So long as they were on good behavior that is, which varied case-by-case. 

"Hello? What were you doing?" Though the girl's demeanor appeared friendly, she feared her parent or guardian might walk in at any second and take offense to her close proximity with their pup regardless of her intent and wondered if the blue spotted girl was aware of that. Mielrövaa certainly had as a youth, letting the misinterpretation play to her benefit when dealing with folk she didn't particularly like. Nonetheless, she smiled and cordially replied to her query, curious as well. "Why hello there, little one. What I've done here is made a blanket out of moss." Being as she lacked a tail to wag, she wiggled her rump instead. "Would you like it if I made you one too?" For a small price, of course. Nothing in life came free of charge; blind charity was a novel concept that had and always would forever baffle her.

@Aquila

Aquila

1 y/o large Female
The girl sat down, keeping a few feet between her and the stranger just to respect their space. Hubert didn't leave Aquila's side as he wanted to be there should the child required his aid. The stranger didn't attack so the owl for now dropped some of his apprehension , but it still couldn't be wise to trust too much in someone they just met, but the pup lacked on such lessons of life. Hopefully he still had time to help fix it. "Why hello there, little one. What I've done here is made a blanket out of moss." The woman answered to Aquila's questions , and a short smile formed in her blushing lips. "I see," She said calmly, with moderate vocals. "And in what would you use it?" She asked looking at it.

"Would you like it if I made you one too?" "Maybe , but I'll like to learn to do one myself. Could I maybe learn from you??" She asked wagging her tail but just a bit. This was certainly interesting and for her it could be great to learn interesting stuff like this. "I am Aquila, who may you be?" She asked, wanting to know who she was talking to. Being alone brought some boredom and she haven't had much opportunity to interact with others beside the six legged man and Gaius.
@Mielrövaa

Mielrövaa

4 y/o small Female

Aquila was close, but not too close. She, the pup, had stopped a few feet away from the sooty belle. Mielrövaa briefly dipped her horned crown in approval, acknowledging the shared space between them. It seemed the pup had some manners. Whether said respect was a facet of her personality or a lesson well learned remained to be seen. She hoped it was the former. Children were...cute. She adored them, but only from afar. Her despise for idiocy ran deep. Asking questions was more than okay. She encouraged it in fact, answering truthfully and in great detail no matter how many times they repeated it. That wasn't the problem. It was the rebellious children that liked to act first and think later that burned her already short fuse down to a nub.

Mielrövaa had little to no memory of her family. She remembered her father being dead and her mother involved in politics. She remembered having a brother and two sisters. Beyond that- nothing. She had been on her own from a very young age, living off of rotten carcass scraps as she aimlessly walked from land to land in search of her blood kin. An alpha female later took pity on her malnourished bod and decided to take her in. The blonde wolf had been mentally disabled, but was otherwise a perfect guardian. Mielrövaa had been deeply relieved and grateful, but was so terrified of being abandoned yet again that she was always on good behavior. Her fear was affirmed no more than a year later when her foster brother was kicked out of the pack for disagreeing with the alpha male. They found his befouled corpse by the end of the month. She therein saw blatant derision and poor civility as a direct insult that translated to: "I'd rather die!"

"I see," said the midnight pup. "And in what would you use it?" Mielrövaa suppressed the intrusive recollection, smile widening as her attention returned to the pup seated afore her. "I plan to use the moss for bedding. I like to lay on top of it instead of the dirt because it’s soft and springy, because it keeps me warm at night and in poor weather in absence of a den or pack, and because it keeps my fur clean," she explained. Aquila’s fair voice rang out again soon after, keeping the wretched silence that had been tormenting her so for the last few hours at bay a while longer; to the point where a cheerful demeanor was no longer repulsive. "Maybe, but I'll like to learn to do one myself. Could I maybe learn from you?" Mielrövaa nodded. "I am Aquila, who may you be?" The unanticipated yet expected query hit her like a slap. Her face twisted, grin going crooked. Her cotton filled ears dipped. "Mielrövaa," she announced a little shakily. Giving a total stranger her maiden name was terrifying- and empowering. She couldn’t remember the last time she had had the freedom to speak it without worrying about being summoned to her death by one of the many enemies she had made loyally serving her less than pure pack. "It’s nice meeting you, Aquila," she replied smoothly, mentally slipping her porcelain mask back on before the little girl really had a chance to see what writhed in the oily gloom hidden behind it. She hoped so, at least.

@Aquila

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.