[P]  Meticulous planning

Anaru

3 y/o large Female
"  their smiles of plated gold; "

The woman had traveled far, further than she would ever have normally had it not been for the light that sparked from the northern hemisphere. She wasn't much for the cold, but a special occasion drew her from the central territories. That light, it could only mean one thing; a god had dared to show his face again — though of course she couldn't pinpoint who, the light could be the Fox, or perhaps even the Stag, but she wanted to know just who had returned, and why. For as long as she had been alive on this plane, or as long as her parents and even grandparents had...no god had ever shown themselves prior. Up until now she would have assumed that the gods were either dead or long gone, never to return. But that light, seen from the deep central; it was impossible that it could have been caused by some natural phenomenon, not natural light burned so bright. Of course the light no longer burned today - but someone here had to know of it. 

The woman would huff, breath escaping in a small cloud as she pushed on following the black river upstream so she could reach the snug little bowl that sat at the heart of the north. Long limbs stretching with elegance, her wings tucked snug upon her hips and the cross — which she never went anywhere without gently thumped against her chest as she moved. Limbs pushing through building snow and mentally she pushed through the growing cold, the frost nipping at her thin pelt. Eyes of bright gold focused on where she was heading, Naakima was just a little further...

— 

Eventually the world opened up from the thick out-skirting trees of blackwater and the giants forest, revealing a clearing edged with trees, and beyond that and drenched in blankets of white. She paused, long audits flicking as she observed the north, in truth she'd never been here before; only heard of it. It was essential training for her to at least know about every land in Nidria, and eventually, maybe in the span of her life, get to touch all of them. Anaru sighed, refusing the sit into the cold while she scanned the vast hollow for signs of life beneath the frost, she needed intel — a magicka even; if she must. 

@Lumos

"Anaru speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art Nikkayla @ Deviantart
Anaru's passive 'Intuitive Perception' makes it extremely difficult for other wolves to successfully lie or deceive her

Lumos

6 mo y/o xlarge Male

Lumos

“Cause I'm living...living in the darkness”

Things had not changed much since getting a familiar…like he thought it would. The nervous creature clung to him in the same manner as he clung to the earth for protection. Overall this did not bother Lumos, however, he only found it slightly annoying at times like now, when he wanted to actually explore…. We shouldn’t wander so far came the soft voice next to him. Lumos didn’t feel they had gone too far, but then again…itd been so long since he had been held down by a coven. He’d run for so long that he no longer paid attention to distance, as he should. 

The visit from the Fox god had also consumed him, the riddle perplexing and strange. The child felt it was to lead them to yet another God, but he wasn’t sure. Some of the words made little sense to him and others he didn’t know at all. “What do you think, Sita?” He asked, glancing down at his familiar who walked along next to him in silence for a few minutes. ’I don’t know…’ She shook her head, trailing off as they pushed their way into a clearing and froze. Lumos was immediately tense, causing Sita to scurry between his legs, lifting up slightly to peer at the strange Wolf ahead of them. “Sorry….We’ll…be on our way…” Lumos blurted, starting to turn and head back the way he had came, the feathers around his scruff bristled up as he did, uneasy. He didn’t like strangers...

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

@Anaru

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

Her thoughts reeled in her isolation, crafting how exactly she could convince a magicka to give her the information she desired, she doubted threats would get her far, and it wasn't a route she liked to go. Anaru was not one for empty promises. And a guarantee of freedom she might not be able to offer right this moment was a disgraceful act. Of course she could; follow through with her offer after getting the necessary information, the whole reason she came to this frozen hell hole. The womans ear flicked casually, the sound of the wind, an occasional small animal rustling in the snow in the distance. But then her eyes fell upon the framework of a smaller wolf — still very much a youth but not an incapable whelp anymore either. Somewhere in between instead. His bright pelt nearly camouflaging him against his backdrop, and at his side, a stranger little creature, a rodent of some kind; his familiar she assumed. But before Anaru got to say a word —

“Sorry….We’ll…be on our way…” fear and hesitation bled from his maw, his familiar tucking beneath his body as the two turned to make a rapid departure. The woman moved with elegance, long limbs drawing her through dense snow pack her body swept around him, a gentle motion to cut him off from where he was headed. "Wait — please, I just; I actually need some help...if you'd be so kind" 

Anaru was not cruel, or mean in most of her conversations, and she did have ill intent toward the Magicka. Quite the opposite in fact, she was destined to help them. Sure she was...predatory by nature, raised by the Order to have precise movements and a calculated mind. She knew of course that the Magicka didn't realize the affinity of horse were there to aid them, that their hatred was birthed from their sickness. 

"I've come...a very long way; about the light... that burned in the sky about a week ago? We could see it all over Nidria " soft lyrics purred, explaining her situation - an attempt to reel him in, in a way. And also obtain the information she'd come here for. Perhaps this conversation would allow him to feel more comfortable in her presence, before she committed an act the north wouldn't soon forget. 

And besides — she hated it when they struggled. 

"Anaru speaking,"

@Lumos
Anaru's passive 'Intuitive Perception' makes it extremely difficult for other wolves to successfully lie or deceive her

Lumos

6 mo y/o xlarge Male

Lumos

Leaving didn’t seem to be an option. The heavy crunch of snow told him that much, even before she came around him stopping him in his tracks. Head lowered, paws shifted to dig into the snow, anchoring him to the frozen ground, his body crouched slightly, as if ready to run. Sita hurriedly climbed onto his back, burrowing into his winter fur but head poking up between his horns to get a look at the she wolf now that she was much closer. Lumos would relax ever so slightly at her words, she was in need of help. Caution lingered in his gaze and it downright poured from his pores. He didn’t trust the wolfess- not yet. Her tones were not cold, not aggressive, she seemed…nice.

Tongue rolled nervously over his lips as he stood there silently, waiting for her to say something else…what he could help her with perhaps. When she finally did speak, his folded back ears came forward, an excitement entering his gaze as a grin pulled across his muzzle. He bobbed his head eagerly, jostling his familiar in the process, which earned him a nibble on the top of his head. “It was Maui.” He answered simply, but there was more. “He came to the coven border.” How much did she want to know? How much should he tell? All of it! He couldn’t keep it a secret! “Maui was magnificent! Taller than trees, the form of a burning fox. He was angry at a mundane and guess what happened?! He flicked his tail across a tree and it exploded into flames!” The boy giggled, overcome with excitement at telling about the Fox god. He hoped one day he would get to meet the other Gods.  

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

@Anaru

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

He seemed to shut down at first, golden hues flashing over his increasingly tense muscles, the way his paws shifted and dug into cold snow. He was a cornered hare; ready to bolt. But Anaru strung her words together well, and the word of the god appeared to be the ticket to getting the child to relax, his face lighting up with excitement. Once dropped ears pulled upright atop his crown, the woman smiled, the notion stretching over slender pale maw. Enthusiasm racked his body, his head beginning to nod eagerly, so much it rattled his familiar upon his back so much that the creature nipped at his ear, and she chuckled. “It was Maui.”

The fox. The god of fire — so then, they were not dead. But had simply left them on this plane to fend for themselves. The woman remained silent, eager to hear all that he might have to tell her, reluctantly lowering herself upon her haunches, large feathers fanning out behind her to rest on the snow covered canvas. “He came to the coven border.” coven? Well this was more than she had anticipated, not only had Maui returned, but there was also a coven who'd managed to perhaps rebuild themselves? Or maybe this was a new one, either way it meant the Magicka were reforming and rebuilding, quicker than the Order. And she wondered now, how many were there? The location of Maui's appearance told her they lived somewhere here in the north, but where? Nidria was vast, every corner of it stretching farther than most wolves could fathom. It would seem she had her work cut out for her. 

“Maui was magnificent! Taller than trees, the form of a burning fox. He was angry at a mundane and guess what happened?! He flicked his tail across a tree and it exploded into flames!” 

Golden hues flickered down, tall ears sliding atop her head, a mundane? Who would be stupid enough to linger so close to coven land alone? And in the presence of a god nonetheless? "That really is something, isn't it? I've never met one of the gods before, only heard of them" the woman lowered her head slightly. "The coven is your home? I do hope you're not terribly far, is it near here?" a way to pull information from him, she wanted to know their whereabouts, at the least. She could determine numbers on her own from there, she couldn't ask too many questions or she'd make the child suspicious, he wasn't young enough to live without fear. 

"Anaru speaking,"

@Lumos

Lumos

6 mo y/o xlarge Male

Lumos

The boy was absolutely giddy with excitement; her interest in his story only seemed to excite him further as he nodded as she spoke. “Me either! It was so…so magical! He was awesome but…strange. He talked about a riddle that we needed to solve.” He replied, brows furrowing as he thought about the riddle, he didn’t know what all of the words meant but it had something to do with the ocean but other than that he didn’t know. Lumos was momentarily distracted, however, when she spoke about his coven. For a moment, that hesitation returned. Remembering what had happened to his family, it made him take a step back, ears falling back once more. 

“Its my home….not far.” His tone had drained of excitement, claws flexed once more into the soil. Tongue rolled over his lips nervously. “Is your family near?” He asked, head tilting to the side, curious as well as trying to turn the conversation from him to her. Not that it would matter, but Lumos didn’t know that…not yet. “I should go…Laxton will be looking for me if I’m gone too long…” He trailed off, leaning slightly so he could look around her, the way he had came. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

@Anaru

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

His excitement bubbled over, and if he'd been a mundane, it would have warmed her heart. “Me either! It was so…so magical! He was awesome but…strange. He talked about a riddle that we needed to solve.” but he wasn't, and this boy was ill; terminally. She perked her ears at word of a riddle, and while she wondered what it could be, she knew that she was running short on time here, she saw the fear, the uncertainty flicker over his bright eyes. She couldn't waste time asking anymore questions, if she was going to free him of his sickness. And she knew now, after speaking with him for only a few moments, she couldn't bring him back to the founders grove - he'd never go. 

“Its my home….not far.” he drained like water did from a cup. “I should go…Laxton will be looking for me if I’m gone too long…” Laxton, she received the name of his...father perhaps? Brother? Who knew, it didn't matter. But she tucked the title away for safe keeping, eyes locking onto his small frame as he attempted to look around her, the direction he'd come...he wanted to leave. Anaru leaned down, her nose sweeping close to his face as she muttered her words, they were most likely unsettling to the boy, try as she might to sound sincere. "Of course....I just...you've been so helpful, I must repay you for all you've done..." it was but a whisper upon the crisp winter air as she nosed his muzzle pushing his focus away from the world behind her. 

All was still - until she moved for him. A violent nudge from her snout was an attempt to knock the boy violently off his feet, aiming to send him colliding roughly with the hard frozen earth. "Shhh" came the coo of words, as she moved closer, towering over him. "You're sick child...but it's alright, i'm here to help you" a sickening purr and her jaws gaped, teeth aiming for the boys throat. She'd make this quick — if she could. 

"Anaru speaking,"

@Lumos

Lumos

6 mo y/o xlarge Male

Lumos

He was nervous, the excitement fading as his gut churned with unease.Even his familiar was uneasy on his back, grasping tightly to his fur, pushing his feathers down even as they tried to rise with his hackles. The boy watched nervously as she lowered her head, eyes locking with his….he didn’t like that. It made him uncomfortable, very uncomfortable. He tried to divert his attention around her as she spoke, but her muzzle would push his head to focus back on her. His ears fell flat against his skull, he didn’t like to be touched, his jaw tightened just as she violently nudged him. Her snout sent the boy off balance, causing him to fall to the frozen ground with a heavy thud and a startled yelp. 

He couldn’t get up fast enough, she towered over him, cooing words that made no sense to the boy. He wasn’t sick…he certainly didn’t feel like she was helping him. “Please….stop…” He whimpered, turning his head just as she moved for his throat, the horns atop his skull were aimed to protect him, but they were far from fully grown, they were only 4 inches long, but perhaps they were sharp enough to cause damage. Regardless, he was not going to make it out of the hollow. He understood that now. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

@Anaru

Anaru

3 y/o large Female

He fell, smaller frame colliding roughly with a hard frozen earth, soft words uttering from his lips, “Please….stop…” her audits would flicker back, but she said nothing now, perhaps when he was dying in her grasp she would coo him to sleep. But right now she was too focused on ensuring he didn't try and flee from her. She could not stop, if only she could make him understand that, it would make this so much easier. She wished she could tell him, stop struggling, don't move. But she knew it wouldn't do any good. He'd never understand. 

Her teeth would snag his flesh, but not without him turning with a poor attempt to defend himself, sharp horns angling toward her face she felt them scrape over her snout. They broke the skin, but the wound was easy to ignore, small beads of blood forming upon her pale muzzle. Within her chest her heart hammered, she hadn't committed such an act in so long, and she'd forgotten how it felt, how good it would feel to purge another tainted soul from this plane. The woman huffed, stepping closer again a snarl rippling through her throat lifting a paw she pressed it down hard upon his snout, pushing his face into the ground to hold him still. Her maw parting to grip his throat between her slender jaws. If she got him this time, she wouldn't be letting go or backing off. 

"Anaru speaking,"

@Lumos

Lumos

6 mo y/o xlarge Male

Lumos

Heart hammered in his chest like a thousand beating drums, the sound was loud in his ears, clouding his thinking. Pain would flare across his cheek and jaw as her teeth snagged his flesh. He’d cry out in pain, trying to recoil away from her, but Lumos would only succeed in pressing himself into the hard ground. The ground! He was weak, but maybe….maybe the earth would save him like it had in the past? The shewolf stepped closer, a snarl rippling from her throat as she lifted a paw and pressed it roughly on his snout, a muffled yelp escaped him as it hit the hard, cold ground. As if to show just how hard his muzzle hit the ground, blood would trickle from his pink nostrils. 

Eyes widened as her jaws parted once more, reaching for his exposed throat. “NO!!!” He’d scream as loudly as he could, eyes shutting as he focused on the frozen soil against his body. His intent? To thrust the soil up between them, breaking her grip on his snout and hopefully, hitting her own in the process…maybe that’d be enough to get her back so he could run away. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience.

@Anaru

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.