[P]  Play with fire

Thread Closed 

Akarui

of

y/o
©

He was growing restless, bored even of this land and it's dull serenity. He hungered for his people, his kingdom, the constant change and struggle of either matter of politics or violence. Life was never boring, there were things to be tended to, training to be had, none of this aimless wandering threatening to drive one stir crazy. The man huffed, a plume of smoke rising from inky nostrils, his agitation was growing, flashing within his burning eyes. Forward most front paw would come forward, violently colliding with a small stone which sent it roughly tumbling over frosted grass. 

Gradually his head would rise as his large frame came to a pause, golden audits rolling atop his crown as he came upon it, it was an extension of land. Reaching out low set into the cold pacific waters, the wind was here to greet him as he pressed closer to the lands edge. Eyes of fire flickering to the rolling waves, the winter had brought with it cold temperatures and wind, and the sea responded accordingly. It was early morning and the waves were growing with more and more fury, mimicking his own temper that constantly raged within. And he felt, oddly a sense of relief wash over him, to know that the world also screamed like he did. Felt the same rage, passion and fury - as he did. Akarui sighed. 

Eventually calming his breathing enough to lower his haunches upon cold earth, tail splaying behind him. Golden nails would reach out, sinking into frozen ground, his eyes flickering up as the blanket of clouds began to roll in overhead. Great. Another plume of smoke escaping from his dark nostrils, while his heart roared, his exterior remained stoic. Emotions, anything other than anger which fueled us - were only a sign of weakness. They get in the way! his fathers words reaped his mind, and the prince closed his eyes getting taken back into the past. 

"Speaking"

Table by Centience. Art by Starry--knight @ DA

@Täni

Täni

of

1 y/o medium Female
Finnegan, Male Fennec fox
©
Navy blue back rose and fell as the female slept soundly near the edge of the cliff. She had been running around all night with her mother checking out the new lands. Part of her was starting to become used to being awake at night and sleeping during the day but then there was the other part of her that needed to be awake during the day. Dark navy ears were folded back agasint her head while her long tail curled around her body. It had been some time since she had been near an ocean, she missed the sound of the water hitting the sands and even missed the salty smell. Täni was sure that her mother on the other hand didnt enjoy the water as much as she did but knew that she did it so Täni could be happy. As Täni laid on the ground tiny little water dropletts gathered on her making her slightly sparkle in the early morning sun. It wasnt to long before the young female began to stir from her sleep, her ears flicked slightly as she began to pull her tail away from her face.

Bright blue eyes opened slightly as she looked around, still not quite awake as she lifted her head up to search the area around her after all she had gone to sleep out in the open who knew what was watching her. As she got up she streched out her body and yawned slightly as she shook her pelt sending the droplets every where. Blue eyes turned to the water that was below, she watched the water crash onto the sand and then be pulled back out into the opne ocean. Taking a deep breath she sat down curling her tail around her paws, for the moment she would just take in the water after all her mother wouldnt be awake for a while and she could just enjoy the water. "I see your awake already“ a soft voice rang in her head as she turned to see her companion appear from a small bush. Smiling softly as she nodded her head “Yeah, I couldnt sleep anymore“ which was the truth, it was hard for her to sleep when she just wanted to explore the lands more.

Finnegan took his spot next to Täni yawning slightly, he had taken refuage in a bush near by where Täni had decided to sleep. As he sat there he looked up at the female and smiled some, she had grown into quite the young female. He was happy to see her so happy and alive. Even more so that she had found someone that took care of her so well like Xena did. Soon his attention was drawn towards a scent that seemed to have just swept in, his large ears rotated on his head as he looked around. Täni still didnt have the skills to pick up scents fully yet which is why he stuck around when Xena headed back to the den. He out a yip as he stood up and sniffed into the air. When she heard the yip she looked down at her fox friend and tilted her head. She wasnt sure what got into him but noticing him sniffing made her sniff. Which was when she picked up the scent tho it was rather faint so maybe whoever it was moved on, or so she hoped. Ears flicked around her head as she tried to figure out who it was but it was no use, she wasnt any good at locating scents. Finn looked at Tani trying to find the source and he sighed some as he just shook his head. There was no way she would ever find the wolf that gave the scent, at least not yet. 

Finnegan began to sniff into the air as well as down at the ground. He would find this source and see if they where freindly or not. Not many payed much attention to him since he was so small and didnt cause any sort of damage. Slolwy he made his way to where the scent was getting stronger, as he closed in her seen the beast that the scent was coming from. It was a rather large male with orange and red and yellow colors. His large cream ears folded back agsint his head as he still made his way closer, he needed to know more about him. Specially since he had to protect Tani since she was out here alone with out Xena. And if anything happened to Tani Finnegan wouldnt forgive himself. As he got even closer his paw stepped down upon a small twig and it snapped. Finn gasped slightly as he held his stance only hoping that the wolf wouldnt harm him right away.

“täni.“ “finnegan.“

[Image: cLJpNuR.png]      

Akarui

of

y/o
©

The still of the earth to someone else might be nice, a certain peace - but for him it was just agitating, another reminder of his lack of purpose on this plane, the searing memory of his kingdom falling to ruin and war. And him — abandoning it. The mans jaw would tighten, brows knitting together with growing frustration, plumes of smoke billowing from dark nostrils whilst they flared. What was the point of being here at all, he had no reason, no drive, no chance at success even. He was just a wandering, lost soul searching again for a point of living. So caught in his thoughts that even as he'd strode by to reach the end of the ridge where the water lapped, he didn't notice the dame asleep in the field settled near the edge of the water, his rage like blinders on the side of his face. Forcing tunnel vision. 

It was the snap, the sudden break of silence that caught his focus, reeling him back into reality, golden audit would rotate upon his crown first before his nose followed. Orbs of gold and fire narrowing into thin slits as his eyes fell upon the small fox. What was it doing? And so close to him. He assumed most small animals like this would steer clear of a wolf, but here it was trying to get close to him. Akarui huffed, another puff of smoke escaping his nose. "...what are you...?" he rumbled, voice trailing he didn't finish his sentence. Which would have consisted of '...doing' gaze shifting upward until he found the frame of the woman just a short distance from them.

Eyes snapping back to the fox, the question gleaming in his eyes. She was quite the opposite of himself, dressed in an ocean of blue rather than his tones of fire. They were like yin and yang to one another, in almost every sense. Him large and daunting, her lithe and petite. He only observed her for a moment, before rising from his seated position closing most of the gap in silence, he assumed the little critter would be tagging along. 

He cleared his throat, "Does uh...this belong to you?" the stiffness in his tone and posture were hard to cover up, he didn't handle social situations well, not even remotely, he was awkward and tense at the very best. But if he wanted to find a place here, he supposed he'd have to at least try. 

"Speaking"

Täni

of

1 y/o medium Female
©
Large tan ears folded back against the fennec fox's head as he looked at the massive wolf that was standing before him. Normally he was more brave and wouldnt show that he was scared but this wolf was massive. Finnegan looked at the male with fearful eyes, as he seen the smoke bellow out of the male's mouth. But it was when he relized that the male had spotted Tani, ears went forward as he took a in a deep breath and stood up fully, which didnt make to much of a difference since he was so mall compared to the male. "I'm Finnegan.“ his voice was soft but yet it held some deepness to it as he turned to see Tani duck down slightly to try and hide herself but it did no good since she was basically out in the open. Finnegan's head dropped as he sighed some, she still had a lot to learn but he only hoped that she would get it soon. Specially since she had just shown one of her abilities the other day to her mother.

Tani stayed back when she noticed that the large male had spotted Finnegan. She let out a soft gasp as she dropped down to the ground when she heard him talk. Paws went over her face as she laid there on the ground. But it was when she heard foot steps was when she slowly removed her paws from her face and looked up at the male. Her eyes were wide as she laid there just looking up at him. Ears were pinned back as she slowly lifted herself up from the ground. “Umm. Yes. He is mine.“ she spoke as she had pushed herself to a sitting postion. Her eyes darted around the male taking in everything. But it was when she noticed that he had six legs. Tani tilted her head slightly as she looked at them. Never had she seen such a thing, it was very interesting to say the least. “You have six legs, that is cool. I bet you trip often huh?“ She asked as she kept her head titled. Finnegan had managed to make his way towards where Tani and the male was just to hear her speak about his legs.

He groaned slightly as he slipped past the male and walked up to tani and growled at her. “I am Sorry, this is Täni. She doesnt think before she speaks some times“ finnegan looked at the male and dipped his head slightly and turned up to täni. SHe had looked down at Finnegan with hurtful eyes, what she had said wasnt rude. Or was it? How was she to know what to say and what not to say?

“täni.“ “finnegan.“

Akarui

of

y/o
©

He barely cared about the small thing honestly, why did she even have a fox following her around? Eyes swung upon him, judgmental gaze burning onto the small creature as he offered a name "I'm Finnegan.“ ok? He only raised a brow, continuing his focus onto the wolf that was ahead of them, as they drew closer the dame tried to make herself sink into the earth it seemed, attempting to cover her face with her paws, but realized soon it wasn't working, she pushed up into a sit, finally addressing his question. “Umm. Yes. He is mine.“  "Why do you keep a fox?" he asked bluntly. He didn't understand the purpose. The woman seemed to take him in as the silence drifted between them, her head tilting before the question fell from slender maw. 

“You have six legs, that is cool. I bet you trip often huh?“ Akarui frowned, brows knitting together clearly unamused by her comment, really? Who asked that? He huffed, voice rigid "No - no I don't considering I was born with them" he knew how to walk with them just fine, considering they'd been with him his whole life, his nose scrunched up slightly with his displeasure in the comment. Was she trying to be a smart ass? Maybe she thought it was funny, though he'd never had anyone try to poke fun at him for his additional limbs before. "I don't assume you get tangled up in your tail?" his eyes flicked to the long banner that draped from her backside. His gaze shifted to the fox who'd introduced himself as Finnegan moments ago. 

“I am Sorry, this is Täni. She doesnt think before she speaks some times“

"Don't speak for her" Akarui snapped, eyes shifting back down onto this 'Täni' curious as per what she had to say for herself now. 

"Speaking"

Täni

of

1 y/o medium Female
©
Täni looked at the male with a confused look. What did he mean why did she keep a fox? She didnt keep finnegan. He was her friend and a part of her. “I dont keep him. He is my friend, finn is a part of me.“ she said softly as she leaned down and licked the top of the fox's head. This made finnegan groan slightly as he shook his head after she had licked his head. Looking up at her he smiled slightly as he turned back to the male hearing the slight annoyance on his face. He knew that täni wouldnt pick it up since she wasnt very good at doing that quite yet. Täni's ears flicked on her head as she listened to the male speak, it was when he spoke about how he didnt assume that she got tangled up in her tail. Looking down at her tail she giggled slightly, actually she often tripped over it or even stepped on her own tail. Turning back to the male she nodded her head “Well sometimes i step on my own tail.“ she spoke softly as she pawed at her tail now

Finn watched Täni fidget with her tail, she was getting nervous now that there were more words being shared and that the male was even slightly closer. Täni heard the male speak to finn. Her ears went back quickly as she lowered her body down to the ground for a moment. She didnt like the way that he spoke to finnegan but she didnt want to lash out at the male either since she didnt know if he would retaliate and harm her. “Excuse me? I am allowed to speak for her. We are part of one another.“ Finn had stood up and narrowed his eyes at the male. How dare he think he could speak to him like that. But he needed to keep his cool, after all it seemed like this wolf didnt understand why he was even with Tani. Long ears flicked on his head as he stood there now looking at the male, it made more sense now why he asked. Finn hadnt seen a familiar with the wolf, either that ment he didnt have one OR he had left it behind.

The long navy ears of the female went from being pinned to being fully perked forward as she looked at the male. Why did he speak to Finnegan like that? It seemed like he wasnt so fond of her not speaking for herself. But she rather liked it when finn spoke for her, he knew what to say more so then what she would. Plus when she spoke it seemed to just upset others quickly getting herself into trouble which always ended up with her mom saving her from the trouble.

“täni.“ “finnegan.“

Akarui

of

y/o
©

“I dont keep him. He is my friend, finn is a part of me.“ the man would crinkle his nose, it didn't make any sense to him. A part of her? How could a fox be apart of her? He watched with his gruff judgmental gaze as she reached down to gently brush her tongue over the top of the foxes head. "That doesn't make any sense" he stated sharply, a single audit flickering backwards with his uncertainty as his temper within boiled. But despite how he grew annoyed, much to his surprise she didn't respond with rage in return, as he'd thought she might. Most didn't take his temper well; unless they were from his homeland in which they respected him for his status alone and tolerated his outbursts well for fear of the repercussions should they challenge him. But this wasn't home. The wolves here lived by their own code, and he was sure most wouldn't take kindly to being treated poorly by a stranger. 

But instead she giggled, and this caught him off guard. “Well sometimes i step on my own tail.“  this relaxed him slightly, "Really?" he mused, his voice tinge softer letting his golden hues drop down as she fidgeted with her long banner. But then the fox got involved again, and his rage would explode, like solar flares from the sun. 

“Excuse me? I am allowed to speak for her. We are part of one another.“

Teeth bared in a growl as the fox stood to challenge him. "That doesn't give you the right! You are NOT her!" sparks of fire begin to ignite within his maw. No it didn't, not at all, it didn't matter how close someone was to another, none of that mattered, everyone had a right to speak for themselves. To voice their own thoughts, how could he understand anyone if another was speaking for them? Akarui stepped forward, his hackles bristling along his spine, eyes burning with a passion for the things he believed "She has her own thoughts, her own feelings and she has the right to express them without you getting in the way! Look at her —" he glanced to the woman, before dropping his eyes back to the fox "She is meek, hesitant - maybe it's because you're always speaking for her, do you ever give her the chance to build her confidence?" he narrowed his eyes sharply, heart hammering in his chest as adrenaline pumped through his veins. Maybe she wouldn't be so afraid if she knew she had a voice of her own. 

"She has a voice — let her use it" he snapped finally, huffing as he would sharply turn to put some space between himself and the pair so he might be able to calm himself down, his body temperature had risen, far beyond normal, like fire roaring through his bones.  

"speaking,"

Täni

of

1 y/o medium Female
©
Täni tilted her head as she looked at the male that was infront of her, how didnt it make sense? Didnt he have a familiar that was part of him? Her blue eyes looked around and began to notice that he didnt have a friend with him. Maybe he hadnt been given his yet, or maybe he lost his which made her sad. Ears flicked on her head as she began to think about how she would feel if she ever lost finn. It would be terrible, she couldnt imagne herlife without Finnegan. “Wait you dont have a friend. no wonder why it doesnt make sense“ she spoke as she got up to her feet and walked around him. It was starting to all click to her now, maybe this male wasnt from around here and just ended up here. Thus meaning he never got to get his friend, but then again maybe he just never found his friend. Täni sat back down just infront of the male with a small smile on her face as she nodded her head. It was quite often that she stepped on it, it was just so long that she would forget about it

She began to paw at her tail now, dragging it over her paws as she looked back up to the male as she heard the tone of his voice change slightly. It seemed he was rather annoyed at the fact that Finn spoke for her. It never bothered her, she enjoyed it most of the time. specially in situtation where she didnt know what to say. Navy blue ears pinned agasint her head as she heard the anger now. Letting out a whine she lowered her head down slightly as she looked at Finnegan and then back to the male. Finn had noticed the difference in Täni as he looked back to her and then back to the male. He seemed to not like the fact that he spoke for Täni so much. He took a deep breath as he attempted to keep his cool, there was no reason to lash out at the male. “He has the right, he is my familiar. He knows what I want to say even tho i dont even know how to say it.“ her voice was soft as she looked at her little fox friend and smiled. Lowering her head down she licked the top of his head and giggled some as she turned back to the male.

When he spoke about how she had her own thoughts and feelings, she kinda of giggled at it slightly. It might have been true but Finnegan knew all of her thought and feelings, there was nothing that she could hide from him. But it was when she heard him speak about how she was meakd and hesitant was when she titled her head towards him. “I am not.“ she whispered as she looked down at finnegan “Correct, Täni your not meak, but you do hesiste some times.“ he spoke to her in thought. Taking a deep breath she sighed some as she dropped her head to look down at the tail. She didnt want to be hesitant, she wanted to be like her mother. Who was never hesiatant, rarely did she see her mother stumble on anything. But it was when the male had gotten up and walked away from her and Finnegan was what made her rise up to her feet and walk towards him. “You know, I never got your name. My name is Täni Rue De Boule“ her voice was very sweet as she sat back down and allowed her tail the lay next to her

“täni.“ “finnegan.“

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.