[P]  (Akarui)The path we took

Aquila

1 y/o large Female
Hubert, Male Blakiston's fishing owl

The girl sat down next to a creek, with her now growing wings folding against her sides. Something that the last few weeks had become a subjet of the deepest of any interest she could ever have to something. Since she started to notice their presence, she wasnt quite sure what to do. What was that supposed to mean? Why were they upon her haunches? She hasnt seen a wolf with wings, and never considered the chance of getting a pair of them. Were they really necessary? Would they turn to be a burden? Would they ever work for what wings could do? But how would a wolf fly? Well, Akarui proved her unnatural wolves weren't rare, as he was a wolf with six legs and a smoky tail. But for her, wings were a whole new subject. But since they seemed quite attached to her body she knew she would have to get used to having two extra limps upon her back. And for now, they would be extra weight even if it was just a little.

The creek was covered in frost and with thirst, upon her throat, she tried to break a whole using a rock by dropping it over the ice. At first, it didn't work but after several tried she managed to break some of the surfaces, or at least enought to get some water. 

Text "Talke" | "Hubert"
ooc » notes
table © freakshow

Akarui

y/o

Today he would be able to begin Aquila's training, essential if she were to survive without a pack or parents to aid her. He didn't exactly consider himself a father figure to her, but a guiding hand perhaps would be more suiting. Now Aquila's wings, that was another matter he didn't have wings himself, nor had he known anyone who did, so teaching her to use them properly, how could he? He had no clue how birds flew, the man would huff rising his eyes to the sky just as a small songbird fluttered above him, pausing before continuing through the vastly open expanses and into a more treed area littered with old oaks. They were probably older than his kingdom itself, casually the man ran his tongue over his maw as his gaze fell upon her sitting there by the creek. 

Her appendages upon her back were growing larger, but still seemed awkward at best, their muscles weak from the lack of use, but for today his focus wouldn't be on her wings or her magick. But on the essential skill of combat so that she might defend herself should she ever need to. Hopefully not of course, but this world was full of individuals will ill intent, that was something they could never forget. 

Akarui padded over clearing his throat to announce his arrival "Good day Aquila," he rumbled, letting his eyes flicker down to her before he rose them looking back to the forest beyond. Well, might as well get to the point, because god he was bad at small talk. "Are you ready for today? I have intended a sparring lesson for you" and maybe later hunting, if she was up for two in one day. He dropped his gaze again, searching her face for a reaction, whether or not she wanted to do this, she would. His father never gave him much of a choice either, it was an essential part of life. 

"Speaking"

Table by Centience. Art by zu-nasr @ DA

Aquila

1 y/o large Female
Hubert, Male Blakiston's fishing owl

Hubert watched from a near tree branch just making of Aquila's extra eyes. The danger was always a matter he always kept in mind, and she would make sure his new partner wouldnt be in someone's aim. But he also had to leave her be aware of her surroundings, at the time of an attack he wouldnt be able to do much to help, just watch, so at this moment he could only prevent. 

Aquila kept with her drinking, with ears switching around at any sound that came upon her, with high alerts upon the area. But instead of danger, he detected her mentor's voice, firm and stoic as always. She rose her head slowly, locking her eyes with his, calm expression upon her face, and just a short smile was made. After leaving with him, she started to have a less childish attitude, almost like mirroring his own. "Good day Aquila," "Good day Mr.Akarui." She bowed her head slightly to show respect to him. 

She sat down, looking at him at the expectation of anything he would say. "Are you ready for today? I have intended a sparring lesson for you" "Yes! I am ready!" She responded with enthusiasm upon her words, she was ready to take any lessons with the full disposition and respect he deserved. "That sounds great for me. I had always wished to learn to defend myself." She admitted with honesty. 

Text "Talke" | "Hubert"
ooc » notes
table © freakshow

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.