Maiden's Mermaid

Arios

4 y/o large Male
Arios's pink tongue slid from her maw to take in the crystal clear freshwater pool just a few feet away from the salty sea. Her glimmering pelt matched that of the sun that had begun to set not seconds before she exited the ocean sound, her flowers mixing with the sun's light so their pigmented particles shifted from orange to purple, to a brilliant pink. The same particles rolled across her pelt, curling her fur and brushing over her long tail to free her pelt of salt and water droplets. Hanging from the maiden's neck was a leather pouch made from the soft skin of a deer, overflowing with saltwater and freshwater herbs, she'd chosen to put them on the side with the fur packed under a bit of fat for flavor and to keep them fresh. Who knows when she would need them, though as the woman took a break to count her findings, she realized she was missing a bit of seaweed to fully cover the top of her pouch. The plant did well in hiding the smell of flesh, kept most predators away from her precious finds. Shaking off the pouch at the edge of the beach she strode out into the lapping water, staying just in the shallow part that brushed against her forelimbs and just barely grazed her stomach. 

She scanned the area for the plant and frowned when her search came up empty, with the strong currents that came about the later it got in the day she wouldn't trust herself going out any deeper to search, even if it would surely be there and in the plentiful bounty. Arios wondered for a moment if she could control light, and others could control air... Perhaps there was someone that controlled water. Arios closed her eyes and imagined the light from the sun taking form, creating a path, a beacon around her for someone to find even from under water, and when her eyes opened once more, she almost mistook the time for sunrise. Around her shone a bright Aura, the particles from her fur dragging her pelt in a soft swaying motion as around her flowers made up of beautiful light rays spread against the water, trailing behind them a glowing trail of petals leading back to their master. She felt warm, like a soft smooth ball in her stomach was being rolled as she looked out amongst the waves wondering if someone could see her calling. 

"Speaking"

Art by redemptari @Winne DA. Table by Centience

Winnie

3 y/o medium Female
Twisting and twirling along the ocean floor lead her to a place not unfamiliar. It was her favorite spot to sit and watch the sunset over the ocean and then lay below the ocean's tide. The sun wasn't quite ready to dip below the horizon but something else caught her eye. A flower covered wolf was swimming along the bank and the glint of the flowers over the water gave her a little happy buzz. Quickly she darted up to the surface to catch a glimpse of the maiden before she exited the water. She was very lovely compared to the rest of the wolves she'd met so far and a new fascination of these creatures over the water had started bubbling in her since the meeting with the volcano pup. A soft shyness rolled over her as she just waited in the shallows, her pelt easily blending into the water around her to make her unseen. Her eyes followed the she-wolf to the pond where she drank and then to see her fuss over some weird brown sack. It was a foreign notion to her to collect plant because they were always at her side whilst swimming around but this wolf seemed to carry everything with her. 

Slowly she crawled along the sandy floor, her belly pulling up some sand and an odd cloud started to form around her frame but the other wolf still didn't seem to notice her. Instead she rummaged around in her pack and then looked a little disappointed. which caused a soft alarm in her head to go off. She wanted to help this wolf out and make that pretty smile come back to her lips but that bubble of shyness grew in her chest once more and she she waded back int the water, Winnie scuttled back out to deeper depths. She hid the the pools of darker ocean where the light couldn't reach as much but that seemed to go away in a second as a dazzling light appeared about her. Quickly she dart up to it and tried to catch it in her jaws. 

From the topside it would appear that a large creature burst forth from the depths right next to the she-wolf. The water from the splash covering everything within a five foot circle as well as leaving any mud or sand to fly over as well. Once the initial surprise was over Winnie looked around and saw the light unchanging in the water's reflection and watched a drip roll over the edge of her nose. With a bit of disappointment herself she huffed and leaned into to take a closer look at the light radiating from the female. 

Arios

4 y/o large Male
As Arios focused her power on her beacon she noticed something, or rather someone, moving below the surface. Excitement bubbled in the maiden's chest as she saw more clearly the body coming towards her, awfully fast in her opinion. She waded to the side just in time to gasp as a feminine figure burst from the waters, chuckling softly as she was drenched in the salty sea's breach. The particles the embodied her went to work right away in chasing away the water droplets. Arios, now that she'd found someone, let her beacon slowly dim so the light came back to her in a gentle glow, brightest still on her flowers, a few petals wedging loose and fizzling it a small dance of light before extinguishing themselves and replacing on her crown. Offering the woman before her a warm smile she beamed in greeting. 

"Hello, there dear." She chirped, voice almost as coaxing as the hearth that lived in her fur. Giving a small shake to help her particles free her pelt from the water droplets brought upon her by this stranger. 

"Who might you be?" She asked, interest peaking as she looked over the being in front of her. A large waving fin, glimmering in a sheen of water laid along the length of the woman's body, a body covered in pale blues and soft whites to match that of the sea's foam. Complimented by deep blue eyes Quite the contrary from Arios's own garnet orbs. Arios's tail slowly brushed over the top of the water in a swaying motion, her flowers that spread around her in her light surrounding her and this new stranger, though she hoped they wouldn't be strangers for too much longer. Perhaps this woman knew more of the land, or rather, the sea. If she knew more about what this place was and how the powers worked, maybe how Arios's powers worked, did the land give the power? Surely Arios hadn't had this ability forever if she did she would have known how it worked...right? 

"Speaking"

Art by redemptari @ DA. Table by Centience

Winnie

3 y/o medium Female
Her eyes twinkled as she watched the lights move around the strange wolf. They seemed to be all around her and then suddenly as if nervous of her presence, drawn back into the safety of their mother's pelt. Winnie was so interested in the lights that the words spoken to her were barely noticed. She was so intent on the lights dancing over the female's pelt that her body was very close and edging on the too close side. Slowly she drew her nose closer to sniff at the shinys but all she could smell was a soft floral scent and some ocean salt. "Nevermind that." She mused in excitement and aimed to stick her nose into the side of her new friend. "How are you doing that? That is you doing it right?" She asked and looked up just in time to see a warm smile still upon her face. A warm feeling flooded her face as she was brought back to reality.

Without warning Winnie flopped backwards and took a few tail spins away for the dazzling dame. "Im so sorry. I get carried away really easily and I know even the fish like their space." She paused feeling like the biggest weirdo in the ocean. Her eyes dipped down and then back up to the stranger. She almost felt compelled now to give up hr name and explain her actions but the words were caught in her throat. "Im Winnie." Was all that came out of her dry throat. Her ears perked as the lights seemed to flow out form her again, only this time she could tell it was in the form of flower petals. 

She watched the petals move in the ocean water and took a risk to get just a bit closer again. She was still way out of reach for the dame but her body swayed back and forth like flounder's. Slowly her nose sunk below the surface and only her eyes and ears seemed to sticking out above the surface.  

Arios

4 y/o large Male
Arios watched as the woman seemed more interested in her light than her words, unable to keep the amusement from her expression she watched quietly as the stranger came closer to observe her particles. 

"Nevermind that." 

A soft chuckle came from the maiden's lips as the woman excitedly poked her muzzle into Arios's pelt, seeming unaware of personal space, not that Arios minded terribly, her family wasn't exactly modest...or were they? Arios's mind shuttered a moment before she shook her head to clear it and focused back on the one before her, tempted to give a playful nip at the girl's ears. 

"How are you doing that? That is you doing it right?" 

"Im, not sure actually, if I want something to happen it just..." She gestured with her paw to the light particle embodied flowers surrounding them. "Happens." Though just as Arios finished speaking the woman suddenly fell backward, swimming a few paces from her and spraying a bit of water in her hurry. Arios only gave a few sparks of gentle laughter as she shooke the droplets from her nose. She stifled them to chuckles as the woman apologized and introduced herself. Such a fun character."That's alright Winnie, you have refreshing energy."  She hummed, her smile causing the corners of her eyes to crease slightly as her tail swept against the surface of the water. 

"My name is Arios, Arios Orelia." She murmured, surprising herself with the last word that came from her tongue, Orelia? Well if she'd said it so easily it must have been true, thinking of it made a different sort of pride form in her chest, yes she would carry this name. Arios tilted her head when the woman got down so that it was just her eyes and ears above the surface, sensing the woman's nerves Arios decided to have a bit of fun while she could. The maiden slowly lowered herself in the water where she stood, letting it pool over her back she took in a big breath and copied the position Winnie was in. Teasingly blowing bubbles in the woman's direction. 

"Speaking"

Winnie

3 y/o medium Female
Winnie watched as a sad sort of surprise crossed her face. It brought on a curiosity unlike the kind she usually had before, one that looked into the past of a creature and not the here and now. It faded though just as quickly when the wolf seemed to lower herself into the water before her. She wiggled in excitement wondering if the wolf was a swimmer like her. Alas she was a bit disappointed when it was only to blow bubbles but that emotion didn't last either. It drifted away as a new awe took over her mind. She wasn't the only one to blow bubbles either. Winnie giggled under the water as little bubbles came out of her own muzzle. Winnie popped out of the water and smiled real wide. "Wanna see something cool?" She mused, not waiting for an answer she took in a deep breathe. Her chest seeming to stretch to unnatural limits before she plunged her nose into the water once more.

Just in front of her the water started to part and a bubble started to emerge from under it. The bubble growing to be the size of a large bush and then even bigger. Its surface breaking just slightly as it would envelope the wolf in front of her if she didn't make room for it. Whether she was in it or not Winnie jumped up after it was at full size. The bubble sitting on the sandy bottom and grown to be above both of their heights. "I've been able to do this since I was little." She mused and proudly danced around it like a bonfire. "Its warm and dry on the inside too!" She giggled and splashed about like a puppy. "I once made one soooo big a winged wolf fit inside it no problem." Her expression darkening a bit in a bit of frustration. "Though she seemed to rather drowned then be in my bubble." She snorted as the dark of her expression brightened. "What do you think of it? I mean it's real easy to take a nap in." Winnie proclaimed excitedly, giving the water and bit of a splat with her paw, the water hitting the edge of the bubble and rolling down the side. 

Arios

4 y/o large Male
"Wanna see something cool?"

"Well of course." Arios responded almost as soon as her muzzle came up from the water. Watching as she took in a big breath and dove below the surface once more. Amazed the woman watched as below them a bubble grew, larger, and larger until it was big enough to easily fit Arios's lanky form. Blinking in surprise as it rolled around and held it shape while the younger female danced around it. 

. "I've been able to do this since I was little." 

Arios listened intently with a smile upon her face the more Winnie explained her power, completely baffled at the differences they shared. Unable to offer any words as she listened and absent-mindedly began decorating the inside of the bubble with particles of light, letting them form together into floating flowers. The bubble casting a faint glow on the ocean floor surrounding them. 

. "What do you think of it? I mean it's real easy to take a nap in."

"I-.." She trailed off a moment before meeting the woman's eyes once more."I love it! I've never seen anything like that."  She said in her amazement. "Do you think, do you think I could travel underwater in this? And maybe you could grab some things for me? I could use them for my tonics." She wondered aloud, looking over at the woman for confirmation. Her tail swaing against the top of the water once more as the light in her pelt danced around her foral adorments, as if they too were happy at a chance to see the world beneath the surface. Arios had never seen what it looked like below the water, though she could imagine it was a whole new world she'd yet to be apart of. 
"Speaking"

Winnie

3 y/o medium Female

Winnie Beltiz

“If you never try how could you know?”

Winnie tilted her head to the side. Her ears flopping over and her eyebrows raising a bit. Her question was reasonable but she'd never tried something like that before. Not outside of her imagination anyway. "Well.." She huffed not knowing exactly what to do or how to even get her in the already made bubble. She didn't know if she'd have enough energy for another bubble, her body was telling her by the small pains in her chest. "I mean we could try but you might drown." Her voice becoming a bit less bouncy and more worried then anything else. She looked at Arios but the words didn't seem to change the wolf's mind. 

Slowly she swam up to the other carefully placing her paws on the bubble and trying to push it toward her. "I think you'll need to be soaking wet all over before sliding into it.. But I could be wrong.. I've only blown it up around a person before..And they were fishes." She mused a bit. "What is a tonic anyway? It doesn't sound nice to me. And what did you need from under the water.. I could probably just go grab them while you wait up here.." She kept talking even though she knew she wasn't really waiting for any answers. "I don't even know if i'll be able to hear you from in there." She mumbled mostly to herself. Her tail moving back and forth to keep the bubble and herself placed just in front of the wolf like a doorman to taxi. 

"Speaking,"

Table by Centience.

Arios

4 y/o large Male
"I mean we could try but you might drown."

Arios smile faltered, drowning...Was not something she wanted to experience anytime soon. And as Winnie continued to explain the process of going in the bubble Arios felt herself backing up more towards the shore, it wasn't that the woman dislike water, in fact she loved the ocean, but she worried if she went out to far that she would be swept up onto another island of mystery. 

"What is a tonic anyway? It doesn't sound nice to me.

Arios was about to speak, until Winnie began to add more to her question. Having to think for a moment before replying Arios gave a small clearing of her throat. "Well, a tonic is like a healing liquid. I um, like to make wolves feel better." She explained. Listening to her next row of questions with the most open mind that she could, it wasn't every day that Arios was bombarded but it wasn't all unpleasent. She was happy to know the woman felt comfortable with her at least, and thankfully she was friendly. 

"Um, salt deposits, and seaweed... The seaweed keeps things fresh and offers a good carrier and salt can flush wounds before a salve is applied...Sorry I know that must sound weird but, it's all I can really remember. How to heal I mean. " She said in a bashful tone, her light washing her face in an array of pink and cream light, the grey tones nearly washed out by the color dancing from the flowers. "It would probably be best if I stayed on shore... I'm not as strong a swimmer as you." She murmured softly, offering a warm smile. 

"Speaking"

Winnie

3 y/o medium Female

Winnie Beltiz

“If you never try how could you know?”

Winnie watched as the female seemed to get a bit of a worried expression on her face. It pleased her inside to not be responsible for someone life while trying to take them under the water. If anything she wasn't responsible in general so taking this much on at once was a far stretch anyway. Slowly she nodded as Arios explained about the tonics. They were kinda like her bubble but less fun and you had to drink it. Which brought a strange picture of someone trying to swallow bubbles to her brain. A snicker left her lips at the idea but she quickly covered her mouth and apologized. Her eyes again focusing on the next part. Ingredients, they were weird sounding things but she knew what seaweed was but not about salt. "So you drink things to feel better." She nodded.

Winnie tilted her head to the side when she explained what all the ingredients did but she when she said she could only remember a little bit of what healing things did something seemed wrong. "You mean you used to know more? Or you just forgot right now..? I'm confused." Her voice was gentle but very confused. What kind of wolf was this one. Did the lights take up so much energy that it messed with the poor things head? She knew when she blew more then one bubble at a time her body got all quakey and tired.

"Either way.. I can go get you that seaweed." She mused and gave a big smile. "I at least know a good strong bunch of kelp is around here. I dont know what salt looks like though.. And from the sound of it.. I don't think I want to put it in my mouth either. Flush a wound..Pfft." She mumbled the last bit as she turned her back on the wolf and dropped down below the surface. Her body becoming fluid with the ocean once more and almost disappearing.

She moved the the water easily and found a bunch of those long stalks of waving kelp. The first few tries to harvest them left her with mouthfuls of green slime but once she realized you could pull the bottom of the stalks without the slime result she gather a bunch and headed back tot he surface. Her mind grumbling about thankfulness of new friends at that point. When she reached the surface she darted up to the top of the bank and spit out the green things. "Just so you know. I should have asked about how to harvest them first. That was nasty." Winnie grumbled. 

"Speaking,"

Table by Centience.

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.