[AW]  nature's fast food.

Odin

4 y/o xlarge Male
ODIN SORAVIR
the truth is often one's best shield.

__________________________________________________


"Fallyn, are you sure it's this way? We've been walking for hours, by the time we get there I'll already have starved to bloody death." The grumbles of an overly English tongue would ignite the once peaceful surroundings, and soon following it were two bodies shifting slowly throughout the trees. The first of the lot was an ashen-toned brute of a male, his muscular neck quickly allowing a jerk of motion to reflect his sudden relation that he was no longer alone. The other, well, he was a male too, much smaller in fact, but was leading said beast with his nose pushed so closely to the dirt it was certain he'd inhaled an ant or two. It was Odin and Fallyn, dumb and dumber, and the nicknames were very interchangeable and everyone around them knew it. They didn't care though, not one bit. "Oh, pipe down you hungry-hungry hippo, look in front of you!"

Though reluctant, Odin lifted his mumbling muzzle, almost jumping for joy as he spotted the small herd of caribou grazing calmly by the water's edge. Fallyn let out an amused -- though slightly annoyed sigh -- gazing back at the boyish canine for a split second as he attempted to silence him again. Odin had a bad habit when it came to hunting, one being his stomach, the other being his excitement and the two of them knew about both of those habits all too well. So this time, instead of flying off the handle and into oncoming hooves, the titan waited calmly in the tall grasses for Fallyn to give the signal... All up until Odin's gut let out a growl so ghastly it sent the forest into a quietness so thick you could practically touch it. Fallyn's eyes slid back to stare at Odin, to which he was met with the face of an apologetic puppy: ears down, tail wagging, and a stupid smile. "Ah haha... Sorry?" Luckily for them, the herd stayed put. For now, at least. @Fallyn @Arcana

"speaking" )
Reply

Fallyn

4 y/o medium Male
Today started just like everyday.. The brute beside him harmlessly rolling over and letting out the worst stomach growl of his life. Each one seemed quite louder then the last to Fallyn but it was the charm not the body he was attached to. Slowly and without waking the brute he padded from the den, his eyes searching for the sun rise. He always started the same way, his body waking him just before the sun made its appearance. He wouldn't complain about it but he wished his life wasn't like clockwork all the time. He waited just outside the den his eyes absorbed in the sunrise and his ears flopping down to become limp while he was focusing with his eyes. His pelt beginning to glow a soft blue in between the black outer lining of his stripes with it. He really was only using half distance since they were right on the cliff and he didn't have to peek through trees. The sun's rays no affecting his vision but the sight began to work on the vines around his heart. The warmth of its light trying to untangle the mess inside of his own mind and he almost let it until a shuffle came from inside the den. Odin was awake and starving apparently. 

Later on down the line of that day he found himself in search of a small herd that had passed through a week ago. Its trail starting at the coven's door steps but taking a turn into the giant's forest. He always hated this part, not just because he had to depend on his enhanced scent to find it and lose his sight but because of the distant grumbling of his almost sibling. His ears could barely hear anything and all that filled them were Odin's constant complaining and mutterings of long lost food tales. "We're nearly there. Keep your nickers on." He growls softly and picked up his tread, the stripes on his sides growing bolder. The scent was becoming fresher to his nostrils and so he dimmed down his power so he could see again. A few more minutes later they came upon the herd but it was hard to see them through the canopy of the trees. "Fallyn, are you sure it's this way? We've been walking for hours, by the time we get there I'll already have starved to bloody death." The words sent a shriver of irritation through him. Didn't the male even have enough sense to use his nose? "Oh pipe down you hungry hungry hippo, look in front of you!" He growled softly toward the male's direction. His eyes catching the expression change of his friend when he witnessed the treasure ahead of them. He gave a half-hearted sigh and took a few steps forward. 

As he was leaving the brush ahead of them to get a better inspection of the herd, Fallyn raised his tail in the sign to stay put. The doofus always seemed to scare of the poor creatures before he had a chance to pick out the weakest one. His paws were just about to touch the soil where the sun would reveal him when a loud snarl came from behind him. He sent a look of pure annoyance over his shoulder at his friend. Almost as if saying 'How could you' without words. His eyes and ears flicking back to the herd. They didn't seem to move but they most definitely heard the sound and were on high alert. Quickly he scanned each caribou for weakness like all his ancestors before him. The predator inside him asking for their blood and meat to fill his belly. He skirted the brush around the right side of the herd. His friend knew his signals and he hoped by now he could at least try to follow them. He flicked his tail forward and then gave his friend a brief nod toward the left side of the herd. He wanted to draw them to him and pick off the elder one on this side. Please please please.. He prayed quietly to himself.
Reply

Arcana

y/o xsmall Male


Caribou !



HP: 100

The Caribou the wolves set their eyes upon is in good health, it is not the largest male they've laid their eyes upon within the herd, nor does it lack the meat they so desire. It is estimated this caribou weighs roughly 320lbs 

being that these caribou have found their home within the giants forest, their herd is relatively small although still formidable. They've spotted the wolves, and are on high alert, snorting and making a fuss.

the wolves may engage first. 

Reply

Odin

4 y/o xlarge Male
ODIN SORAVIR
the truth is often one's best shield.

__________________________________________________


Odin had heard the remarks of the male that kneeled in front of him, aggravation filling his muzzle -- some of it was directed in glares, others in soft whips of his tongue. Although his ears flicked in Fallyn's general direction, those honeyed eyes that adorned his handsome face never left the pounding hooves in the distance; his own paws crepting forward with every noise that came from the cervidae. Odin, though undeniably large, was delicate in gait, finding himself laying directly by Fallyn in a matter of moments. He would gaze encouragingly at the smaller brute, the thrill of the hunt showing in the blood that was pooling into his veins. There was a lot of resistance holding the famished beast back, his very claws sinking into the soft dirt as if they could provide him with a way to ancher himself to the earth. He'd been hungry since he'd awaken this morning to the sun yawning on his furs, hell, he'd been starving since birth -- always the first to sink his teeth into his meal, always the last to crack out the marrow. 

He had to admit to himself as he scanned the herd that he wasn't aiming to take down a little one, and he knew it wasn't going to be entirely easy, either. After all, winter had only know closed her eyes, Odin was still layered in fat and downy furs. This would hopefully be killing two birds with one stone if everything went accordingly. Knees soft, head down, he crept closer, and closer... Then with the tall grasses sweeping over his shaggy coat, he bolted; his grip upon the ground so fierce that it would tear the soil from its place as he jetted forward. Every push of his body sending his muscles into a frantic ripple, only taking his eyes off his target for a split second to ensure Fallyn would indeed be taking the lead after the larger male singled out their meal. 

Paws surging onward, Odin focused on keeping his breathing in check, locking eyes with their dinner as he let out snarls and snaps in attempts to push the rest of the herd off in another direction. He knew that he wouldn't be able to keep up forever, as his body was too bulky to maintain at full speed as long as the caribou, so he let out a quick bark, signally for Fallyn to join in the hunt. @Arcana @Fallyn 

( "speaking" )
Reply

Fallyn

4 y/o medium Male
Just as Odin set forward in his quest to angle the herd, Fallyn set forth to find the best spot to thwart his dinner. His paws moving quickly down the line of trees as the herd began to scatter into mini-groups. His eyes were locked on one group and it seemed he and Odin had the same caribou in mind for lunch. He waited for a few more seconds, his mind yelling at him that he needed to be out there with his brother but his hunting instincts giving the halt symbol on his brain. He needed the caribou closer..closer..NOW. Within a split second of his brother's call, Fallyn's body came bolting out of the trees along side one of the groups in an attempt to scatter them further.

His body almost seemed to blend into the group from the other side of the clearing as loud snarls rushed out of his throat. He snapped at a couple of cows to get them to break off but ultimately he was focused on staying along side the male he was hunting. Still at high-speed he took a chance and tried to snap at one of the front legs of the male, his teeth reaching forward with the intention to cause a maim but not hang on if something went on. If that didn't work he'd then howl for his brother to try and ambush from the other side of the male. 

(occ: Omg bleeeghghh.. This is awful.)
Reply

Arcana

y/o xsmall Male


Caribou !



HP: 70

The male turns at Fallyns snapping teeth, feeling the graze of teeth against his front leg the beast suddenly rotates on his hind in the process ripping his leg from Fallyns jaws creating a deeper wound in his leg. 

In his panic the bull snorts, bolting from Fallyn and toward the second wolf in his advance, he charges Odin lashing out at the male with sharp hooves aiming for the larger mans face if he can get it. 

Reply

Odin

4 y/o xlarge Male
ODIN SORAVIR
the truth is often one's best shield.

__________________________________________________


He hadn't been ready, no, not for the sudden change in direction and not for the abrupt onslaught either. The man wasn't equipped for quick turns of agility like his counterpart, and he thought that sending Fallyn to land the first hit would have saved him from any further strain, but he had been wrong, very wrong. Sooner than later he received a jab to the brow, his body sent reeling aback, allowing his throat to bleed forth howls of aggravated agony. He stumbled, struggling momentarily to gain his balance before focusing his blurry sights on the hooved creature that stood defensively between himself and his friend. For now, the animal remained idle, looking to be contemplating its next move -- so was Odin.

This position was perfect for Fallyn if Odin could manage to distract the caribou long enough for him to land another hit, but the male had grown tired already, not in energy, but in patience. That kick to the head might have knocked a few screws loose, or maybe even back into place. Odin snarled, body surging forward as he braced himself to ram the deer in the throat with his shoulder. He'd already taken a blow to the face, and he'd much rather have it land somewhere else this time. @Arcana @Fallyn 

( "speaking" )
Reply

Fallyn

4 y/o medium Male
Fallyn had forgotten his brother, he'd forgotten the rest of the herd, all he was focused on was the hind end of that buck. He watched it rear up and ducked to the right trying to hide a bit farther behind him and out of the way of those sharp prongs. When they came down he didn't even think about where the caribou was aiming or heading, he looked for a weak point. His eyes searching for a tender spot on the hind of this buck. When the buck moved so did he and his paws sped around to his left side, catching a glance of the blood from his brother's wound and a rage beginning to boil beneath his skin. Quickly before the beast had a chance to think of his next move he launched his entire body onto the left hind leg and dug in with everything he had. "That's my brother." He cursed at the beast.

His teeth aimed to sink into the meaty flesh of its left hind quarters, while his claws aimed to sink into its side for a sturdy hold.If he succeeded he'd hang onto the thing with all his might and tear his hind to shreds, using his powerful neck muscles to pull flesh from bone. 

Ooc: I guess if its clean it doesnt matter the length? Fighting threads without real feelings involved suck for me. xD)

@Odin @Arcana
Reply

Arcana

y/o xsmall Male


Caribou !



HP: 0

The violent impact from Odin sends the buck into a flurry of dizzy spells, disorienting the animal enough to allow Fallyn an easy advantage. Fallyn is able to grab the buck by its hind leg and though the animal tries to panic and free himself only damaging himself more in Fallyns grip, when Fallyn grabs the buck by his rear the animal collapses. 

The wolves have taken down the caribou, feel free to finish the animal off in your next reply and enjoy your meal!

Reply

Odin

4 y/o xlarge Male
ODIN SORAVIR
the truth is often one's best shield.

__________________________________________________


In a flash of movement the beast toppled over, and Odin would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by the sudden burst of anger that flooded over Fallyn. He knew Fallyn was strong, but it was often overshadowed by his even stronger ego. The smaller male jerked around the large deer, poking and prodding it around untill it finally gave way. Odin wasn't one for making a big scene, but the fucker had kicked him in the face and the longer he stood in waiting, the quicker the pain came through, so it was a bit amusing to watch it panic. Death in itself was inevitable, and though he knew this would likely placed a small hole in that wandering herds numbers, it would certainly benefit his pack more. 

The mowhawked brute snorted, shaking his head before chuckling loudly in pride. "What's the matter, Fall? Get a little bit upset there?" He smiled upon his brother, standing over the caribou before locking his jaws around its jugular. It let out a caterwaul of grunts, legs kicking rapidly as it struggled to keep Odin from applying pressure from its throat. It didn't take long for the frantic movement to die down, and then completely come to a halt. Their meal might have been ready, but there was no easy way to get it home. "Well. Looks like it's time to bring home the bacon." This would be fun. Placing his muzzle tightly on its left antler, he began to drag it, he knew it would be a bit way home, but at least he had some entertainment following at his side. "Oh? So you think because you got more hits in that I have to be the one to drag it all the way back?"  Odin teased, and with that, he was fully prepared for the shit storm that was about to fall from his brother's mouth. @Fallyn 

( exit. )

( "speaking" )
Reply





Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2020 MyBB Group.