[P]  No Place Like Home

Felle

of

4 y/o small Female
Edwina, Female Snowy Owl
© Ilanea

"Hey give that back!" She called out to the snowy owl that flew in front of her up in the sky, she hurried on the ground chasing it trying to determine where it was going. Left. She guessed before the owl turned into the direction she predicted, right, and at her thought the owl had swiftly redirected right passing through the trees that rested at the bottom of the mountain. No, not there again. She thought slightly irritated. She could hear the distant sound of water flowing through a river, which started to grow louder and louder the further down the mountain she went. 

At the bottom, the owl swooped down gracefully beside the aqua river, with the flower crown still in its claws. As she approached the winged thief she slowed down into a trot before softly commanding, "Pass it over.". The snowy owl's verdant eyes glistened with mischief one last time before letting go of the crown and moving backwards for Felle to get it.

Without hesitation, she gently took it and twisted the final stems together, and with that, a satisfied smile appeared on her face. She grabbed the finished crown and placed it on top of the owl's head. "There you go.". A pleased hoot left the creature's beak, and Felle smiled cheerfully momentarily. "I know why you keep bringing me here." She whispered calmly, looking at the owl's green eyes then to the land that laid before her.

"I'm not going to go."

It was out of the question. She couldn't leave the mountains, this was where she had been all her life, this is where she grew up, this is where she made her very first friend. A saddened hoot interrupted her thoughts, and Felle turned to look at the bird again.

"Edwina you know I can't. I won't."." Her tone was conflicted, as much as she wanted to deep inside she couldn't get past her fear.

"You know that at any moment when something happens a bunch of flowers appear as though there is no tomorrow."

"The earth laughs in flowers."

Table @ Centience

Vorona

of

6 y/o xlarge Male
Krasota, Female Corvus Hybrid
© danny.
WORDS:
TAGS:
@Felle
"Who would of guessed flowers were a bad thing?" Standing atop a frozen mound did the ebony male make his presence known, head low in greeting, fur slicked back with hours of trudging throughout crisp snows. He didn't know what to make of himself or the beautiful woman that sat by her lonesome; lavender coat billowing in the frigid winds of dawn, the smell of herbs blessing his senses. He would smile lightly, but quickly did it fade as he become lost in thought. How was such a small lass like her not pestered by the swift current of bitter cold? She almost seemed to relish it, welcoming its harshness as though it were a friend or even a lover. It perplexed him, because unlike the maiden, he merely thought of the chill as something to dampen the flames that flew around like doves in his stomach, in fact, as he made his slow approach to her, the very heat of his muscular frame began to liquefy the white flakes surrounding him. "I always thought they helped brighten up the place, who doesn't like flowers?" His Russian accent as thick as that feather-littered pelt of his.

He wasn't great with introductions, and he couldn't lie to himself and say this was an everyday encounter. He'd had no intention of speaking to someone today, he wasn't always fond of conversation but when he was in the mood for it, damn was he good. Words dripped from his tongue like velvet, a dashing smile etched gently on his lips as he caused those around him to swoon, but at the moment... That wasn't him. No. Right now he was trying not to frighten her with his appearance. No, it wasn't because he was massive in size, or his daunting eyes, but because he had no concept of self-care. His fur was unkempt, matted in some places, his backside was heavy fragranced with musk, and his face? Well, his visage was covered in anxiety. He hadn't expected to see anyone here, certainly not a pretty woman. The male would give a shake to his coat in attempts to clean himself up; feathers falling to the ground and breaking the white floor as it soon became painted with black. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to leave, that would be rude, but he knew damn well he shouldn't be here making his poor she-wolf lay eyes on him. "Um, I'm sorry, that was weird... I, do you like flowers?" Well, wasn't that a stupid question.

Felle

of

4 y/o small Female
Edwina, Female Snowy Owl
© Ilanea

"Who would of guessed flowers were a bad thing?"

Felle felt flowers gracefully flowing down around her, Oh no. she thought from embarrassment. Edwina was quick to jump onto Felle's back past all the falling flowers, her eyes were narrowed with suspicion, which made Felle feel cautious too as well as anxious.

Felle turned to look at the stranger with her head slightly tilted as just watched, she didn't know what to say, she had never talked to anybody except, Edwina before. When she looked down from the mountain in the past she'd sometime see others walking past and drinking from the river before setting off again, she'd just observe from a distance, she never got face to face with any of them- not like this.

"I always thought they helped brighten up the place, who doesn't like flowers?"

Slightly blushing she broke eye contact with the man, Silly, though it wasn't in a bad way. He was... interesting and different- well, of course, he'd be different.. Slowly, she returned to look at him, she watched as he shook his pelt, feathers covered parts of the snow, and as she followed them to the ground she also saw the mountain flowers that had appeared seconds ago.

"Um, I'm sorry, that was weird... I, do you like flowers?"

The stranger's voice caught her attention again, anxiety rested in her stomach but, she tried to courage up the words. "Y-yes.", she spoke timidly in a soft tone. Not long after, she became curious as to how much the man had heard of her conversation, "How long have you- been here?", her bluey-purple eyes captivated on him.

He was much bigger in size than her, it made her wonder if that's what they all looked like in the different lands, and did they all have such big teeth? 

Others may have thought his appearance as intimidating but to Felle it was the opposite, she could feel herself get lost in his ember eyes. There was something about him, though she didn't know what. Perhaps it was just because he was the first person she'd ever talked to.

Table @ Centience

Vorona

of

6 y/o xlarge Male
© danny.
WORDS:
-
TAGS:
@Felle
"Oh, uh, I..." The male would flinch, even daring to look over his shoulder to see if she was perhaps talking to someone else. It was a silly thought, he knew it to be true, but there was something so unusual about holding a conversation with a woman. The way that she spoke softly, bashfully so, the manner in which she talked was unlike anything he'd ever seen before -- holding herself to standard his mind couldn't fully wrap around. Had he done something to fuck up this encounter already? She seemed nervous, or was she uncomfortable? Both? Ugh, he didn't know. He did know, one thing though. Vorona would sit down slowly, ruddy eyes glancing over his figure for a mere second as he realized just how... Disgusting he looked. He was a mess to look at, and in an instant did he feel his ears flatten to his skull and his head drop below his shoulders. 

He wanted to believe he looked nice, but he'd be lying to himself. He couldn't even muster up the courage to make eye contact with her after looking at how flustered he appeared. But there she was, still talking to him, against all odds. "I... I've been here for maybe, um, 10 minutes... I just... I didn't know what to say. I'm not always good with words... B-But I can be, I swear! Just... Not right now." His muzzle split into an awkward smile, tail thumping on the ground as he noticed she hadn't left yet. Maybe she wanted to talk to him a bit longer? Or maybe she was just scared. Regardless, she was here, and that made him happy. 

Felle

of

4 y/o small Female
Edwina, Female Snowy Owl
© Ilanea

Instantly she regretted asking and she could see a whole change in his figure, he'd stood tall and confident yet, now he sulked with his head low, his ears back, and sitting as though he'd done something wrong. For some reason, it made her heartache. Had she perhaps asked something hurtful? She didn't mean to upset him.

Without hesitation, she got up and stepped closer, she didn't know what to do but, then she looked down at the floor and saw the feathers, which ignited an idea in her head. She slowly and carefully picked up the feathers that rested around him before settling down behind him looking away so that he wouldn't see what she was doing. She carefully started to intertwine the feathers together in an effort to make a feather crown. But, of course, she had to add something with her own touch too, and so she went back to where her flowers laid and carried one or two back and added them onto the crown.

A pleased smile surfaced on her face and she picked it up and took it to him, and gently placing it above him. Before speaking softly, "It's okay." with an awkward but, genuine smile.

Table @ Centience

Vorona

of

6 y/o xlarge Male
© danny.
WORDS:
-
TAGS:
@Felle
There was something alluring about her calming nature -- a soft aura of pure light radiated off her purple pelt as though she'd been sent to him as a blessing. The crown atop her brow almost confirming her divinity and her words, alibet few, were music to his aching ears; though despite this, as she began her slow, cautious approach the male reacted in worry, in fear. The silence between them was long gone as he gave a low growl, taking a few steps back in attempts to avoid her gaze only for her to keep moving at the same rate. She didn't seem deterred by his actions, in fact, it was almost as though she ignored them all together. He was unsure of her ability to ignore him, wondering if maybe a stronger tactic would make her keep her distance. 

He thought about it and kept on thinking, but his process had been too slow and suddenly she was upon him. Her limbs moving forward, claws extended as she stood over him. How could a stranger do this? How could anyone want to touch him? W-What was she doing? His eyes gazing onward at her, he split his muzzle a-two, a sharp yelp coming from his throat as she reached out and touched his head only to place a small gift over his ears. "What... What is it?" He drew back into himself, ears standing as he wiggled it around on his large skull. He tilted his head back and forth, hell, he even stood and spun a circle trying to see it before he realized she'd given him his own crown. It puzzled the man, lifting his head to look at her in shock. Was he supposed to give her something back? Was this an exchange of sorts?

He turned slowly, reaching for a feather that rested on his shoulder before placing it between the flowers that filled her fur. Were they even now? Was this how the wolves here got to know one another? Did... Did this mean he had a friend? His tail thumped loudly, muffled whines spilling from his throat as he nervously licked under her chin. This was right, right? "Freind." He smiled, shaking his pelt out again, and again, and again, surrounding her with the feathers she seemed to like so much. Yeah... Yeah! That was right, he had a friend! She hadn't run from him yet, she spoke to him kindly, had given him gifts! He wagged his tail, a smile adorning his face before he filled the air with playful yips.

Felle

of

4 y/o small Female
Edwina, Female Snowy Owl
© Ilanea

Watching him toss and turn forced Felle to giggle, she found it cute how he reacted. And then he turned to pick up a feather, there was no doubt Felle was a little confused but, she was also interested in what he was going to do. As he walked towards her, her eyes widened with surprise as he got closer and closer to her and placed the feather onto her pelt. Once he stepped back, she couldn't resist smiling and once she did he began to make small whines which ended when he licked his chin before saying, "Freind.". Another chuckle left her lips as she repeated, "Friends.", with a simple short nod before getting up once more and walking past him brushing her fur against his as she ventured back up the mountain.

She didn't intend to get that close however, she didn't mind it, he was warm, cozy almost, she felt safe as his tall figure towered beside her momentarily, flowers floated around the two of them once more as she felt herself grow with embarrassment. Butterflies filled her stomach, What's this feeling?, she wondered to herself, she hadn't ever felt like this before, so why would she only just start feeling this now? It was so new, she wanted to discover more, she wanted to understand why she felt this way. Maybe he felt this way too?

Gazing upon the snowy mountains that rested around her she paused and turned back round to the man, a small cheeky smirk grew on her face as she swirled back around towards him, she didn't want to leave just yet, she wanted to get closer to the man both literally and emotionally, after all, they were friends now. Similar to before she remained close to him, though this time she sat down beside him, as she got lost into his charming eyes again, "What brought you here?", she asked politely. Every now and then she'd shuffle her paws in the snow nervously, even though she felt somehow at home with the male she remained to have a pinch of anxiety still around him. Is it normal to feel this way?

Table @ Centience

Vorona

of

6 y/o xlarge Male
© danny.
WORDS:
-
TAGS:
@Felle
She was close, but not close enough. Contact was something the male rarely received, and with every poke and brush along his filthy furs he felt an old itch that needed to be scratched. She nodded to him, speaking softly in a tone that made his ears perk with interest. Yes, they were friends. He had a friend. After all these years searching for one, had it really been that easy? He cursed under his breath, head turning quickly to shoot a smile at her as though it never happened. Perhaps he was thinking about this too hard, it was super common for him to do. Maybe she was just as lost as he? "Um, M-Miss Uh..." And there is was, his first mistake. He hadn't asked her name. He had no clue who she was and somehow this woman was now his friend? He laughed nervously, ears pinning to his side as he watched her walk off into the distance. 

Like a frantic child, he bounded after her, tripping over this own feet but jumping back up to close the gap between them before she stopped again. "Um, what's your name, exactly? I-If that's okay, I don't wanna ask anything you're not okay with, I-I just don't know how we're gonna be friends if I don't know your name... Unless that's something friends do, I wouldn't know. Do friends do that? That seems strange if they do, also you're really pretty and you smell nice, my name's Vorona." He spoke with no pauses, barking his words out loudly into her ears like he didn't realize she was right beside him. He was overexcited, she could probably tell by the way his back half was starting to take control of him. 

Felle

of

4 y/o small Female
Edwina, Female Snowy Owl
© Ilanea

"Um, M-Miss Uh...", Felle was unsure of what the problem was and she watches as he nervously laughed. She questioned herself if the man didn't like her being so close, perhaps if she'd allow more space between them that'd fix things? A bunch of frantic questions flew into her mind as she believed she had done something wrong.

Although it soon became clear, he didn't know her name which was why he had stopped after he had called her Miss. A small chuckle left her lips before she blushed, "M-My name is Felle.", she couldn't help but grow red after he complimented her for being pretty and smelling nice. She'd hardly gotten compliments, well actually she'd gotten none from anybody besides Edwina from time to time.

Though she noticed how he had asked 'Do friends do that?', had he never had a friend before? Just like Felle? She quietly yet still loud enough for him to hear her she confessed, "Y-You're my first friend.", after she shyly tucked her head lower still blushing ever there and then. Her tail wagged slowly whilst her heartbeat increased each second they spent together. Which made her wonder once more what this feeling was? Why had her heartrate gone so rapidly high? Why had she felt herself grow red with embarrassed so often?

Table @ Centience

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.