[AW]  Ease Up Kid

Thread Closed 

Rekshana

of

3 y/o medium Female
© Slypie
Rekshana

"Ivy?"

Of course it’s me, silly. Why would I leave you?

"You're gone. No— I saw you go. It may have been dark, but I’m not blind! I swear on my life it was you slipping away from me. I’d recognize my own kin anywhere."

I’d never abandon you, Rekshana. We agreed we’d stick together, we have each other no matter what. I’ve been here all night; I’ll be here forever.

Arguing about Ivy’s disappearance always went the same way. Rekshana refused to let it go, and the memories replayed in her mind over and over again until they made her physically ill. And when the fear, sadness, and despair subsided, when such strong pangs of emotion ceased shaking her to the core, there were times she wished to forget everything. She wanted to erase the vivid image of Ivy running away from her beneath the cold moonlight, hungry shadows with gaping jaws swallowing her whole, never to be seen again. "You know that’s not true. Why did you leave?" A frustrated growl rumbled from her maw with the question that hung over her head day in and day out. It was all she ever wanted to know, a burden she should never have been made to carry. She didn’t have to tell her sister twice.

You hear my voice, do you not? I’m still with you.  

"Yeah, in spirit,” Rekshana retorted. “That’s not good enough." Might as well be dead, she thought, with immediate regret.

Beautiful, isn’t it? I can’t believe we’ve never seen the sea before.

"Well, that’s what being raised in the forest’ll do to you. And you're welcome for bringing you here." The she-wolf dismissed the change of subject knowing, as anticipated, that she wouldn’t get an answer. Instead her fiery gaze swept across the barren beach, to the line where the grey skies ended and the grey water began. Everything was quiet now, but like a slumbering giant could awaken with unchecked fury at a moment’s notice.

The waves are very peaceful, the way they lap against the shore in a sort of hypnotic rhythm. One can lose track of time altogether…

With each passing day Rekshana seemed to sense more of Ivy’s presence and their strengthened bond. Even if they didn’t always get along, at least she wasn’t completely alone. There was someone she knew and trusted to talk to and confide in whenever she needed it, and that came in handy more times than she’d ever imagined it could. Nidria, or so it seemed to be called, was a land she did not hear of in her earlier travels, but she planned to learn all about it provided she was going to stick around— especially if she intended to catch Ivy's trail. Being far, far from her so-called home somewhat put Rekshana at ease in the face of the unknown, because she had no intention of going back. There was nothing left to return to. Her own compose, even her lack of worry regarding the matter, surprised her.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

@Vorona.

Vorona

of

6 y/o xlarge Male
Krasota, Female Corvus Hybrid
© danny.
WORDS:
TAGS:
@Rekshana  
Emulsified, rolling skies had been forecasted upon them today. Downy hedera, ivies, pulling him forward into the dark, the vehement grasp of some much-needed slumber. He didn't want to awaken, no, not today, not by or for anyone. He'd become quite comfortable with his life among the greenery. Having been blessed with the images of them sprouting from the moisture-sodden earth from his bloodied eyes, their tiny brussels of life bursting into a sun-bitten atmosphere; such warmth bathing over him and his tiny flora acquaintances as they entered their new world together. They had bestowed him a home, one covered in thick mosses and swinging vine. The den was hollow, warm, yet so very lavish, abounding with birth... And it was where he'd been hiding away for some time now, well, since the waters recklessly tossed his muscular carcass upon it.

He hated to admit it, but for the first time in some while, he'd settled down. He'd stopped traveling, ears up, listening for the whistle in the wind to take him somewhere far. Now he was here. Wherever here was. A place? Certainly. A place to call his own. A place in which he'd coddled, smothered until it was forced to waft open its malachite eyes, to bat them at the frigid crust surrounding it. The saying went as followed: "One man's trash is another man's treasure." This lonely cave in the middle of nowhere, it was hi--,

"What the hell," A voice, a scent, another being, a female.

He watched her from afar, though now, up close and lingering in a space he had originally thought to be his own... She, well, to put it frank, was astonishing. Who was the woman? This velvet-fleshed canine? Why did she speak in a tongue that rivered emotions of pain? Was... Was she hurt? Or lost? "Hum...,"  He remained motionless in his wake, blushing visionaries gazing down the barrel of his muzzle, black nose kissing through the vines, wiggling it from side to side as to gather every last bit of information he could about this strange, beautiful female.

She smelled of sea salt and hibiscus, making his own scent seem so minuscule. His scent was mellow, brewed, aged even. Like burning hickory wood or trampled lavender-weed. The scent that coated the brute was bittersweet but mostly bitter... No, no... It stung the senses, a punch to the face but then a kiss to the lips. The canine drew a breath inward, lapping at the air for a sign of the day he'd been in, trying to shake himself back to life. He'd gazed at her for so long he'd lost track of time. He'd either been enraptured by her very essence or maybe it was the fact he was no longer by his lonesome that had sent his emotions into a caterwaul. This entire moment had been silent, her maw no longer muttering words, yet once again, did he wait for her to speak, but nothing was uttered. So something was uttered in its place.

Finally, did the chiseled male make his appearance, eyes of cherry and fire glittering in the gaze of the sun as he looked onward upon the female before him. His stature was tall, solid, blackened fur littered with flecks of gray and white, ruffling in the breeze that swayed through the long-leafed trees. He smiled heartily, elongated canines poking through his lips and scrapping the air below his chin. "Vy v poryadke, miss?" They were such short, simple words; spoken in a Russian tone, as if he'd known her for years. Frankly, Vorona knew no strangers, only those who did and did not like him. He was hoping he'd get lucky with this one, for he didn't want to venture any further on the land alone.

( translation: "are you alright, miss?" )

Rekshana

of

3 y/o medium Female
© Slypie
Rekshana

Having fallen into a tranquil silence, Rekshana remained fixated on the scenery before her, still thinking, though she tried to avoid it, about the night of Ivy’s disappearance. Distractions were only temporary. Her mind kept returning to it, again and again, picking at a festering sore perhaps best left untouched. That led to whereabouts she might wind up next, when she and Ivy would finally be together and she would no longer be alone, although she’d grown quite comfortable having only herself for companionship, so much so that she’d almost forgotten how to act on the rare occasions when she encountered another wolf. Ivy sometimes teased her for what had admittedly become her sort of obsession, her resemblance to a pirate hunting after precious treasure with no X marking the spot, yet Rekshana failed to understand what could possibly be so amusing. Was it so wrong, her willingness to go anywhere, do anything for someone she loved? To want back what she'd lost?

She neither heard nor smelled a trace of the stranger until he was standing directly before her, causing her to jump back, the feathery hair on her hackles to raise, brain cogs unable to turn fast enough to take in the information from her wide eyes and understandably so. There was no way he hadn’t seen the shock register on her face before she remembered to hide it. He was a very large wolf, towering over her despite having neither wings nor horns. His eyes, shining and red as rubies, stood out against a monochrome toned coat adorned with jet-black feathers. Perhaps his most notable feature protruded from his mouth, sharp as sabers, two canines she’d never seen on another wolf before, glinting in the muted sunlight as a smile played on his lips. Impossible— he’d appeared in less than the span of a blink, seemingly out of thin air, yet she could have sworn her senses were alert the entire time. 

He spoke in a tongue she did not recognize except for the last word, ‘miss,’ and despite his formidableness the honeysuckle-sweet richness of his tones indicated benevolence in his intentions. She was glad to at least have heard the he-wolf’s voice, otherwise his appearance might have earned him something worse than a waspish response. "Do you sneak up on everyone like that??" Knowing fully well he might not understand her, either, had her relying even more heavily on a burning gaze to relay the message. She made no effort to ask for a translation of his question. Exactly how long had he been watching her?  What did he hear? See?  These were first to cross Rekshana's mind, though she had nothing to hide. She was more than aware she’d probably seem out of her mind, having a full blown conversation when there was clearly no one else around. Not that she cared all that much, because no one would ever understand. This wolf would be no exception and she saw no reason to want anything different.

What really sparked her interest, eased her annoyance at being interrupted so suddenly, was finding out who he was, if he was familiar with the land, what information he might be so kind and willing to provide, with the latter being most important. She expected Ivy to interject at any moment, but her sister remained silent, offering no advice as to where Rekshana should start. This always seemed to happen. She frowned ever so slightly.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

@Vorona.

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.