[P]  The Sun Will Rise

Ghost

0.7 y/o xsmall Male
Unknown, Unknown Object
Ghost

He hadn’t snuck away, per se, he had just wandered off to get some breathing room. A lot had happened in the last few days and he felt like he was being suffocated by his own thoughts. Being around Rajani only made it harder to focus on anything else but the situation at hand and, quite frankly, Ghost just needed time to himself to take his mind off everything. He was too young to be plagued by thoughts of real and fake mothers, the ties of blood versus of the womb. The pup felt like he was just mentally running in circles at this point and had wandered away even before the sun kissed the horizon, leaving weeping willows behind in favor of a massive lake surrounded by deciduous and coniferous trees. At the water’s edge the small ivory pup rested, sprawled on a large rock as he watched small minnows dart about in the shallows.

His mind was blissfully empty, intrusive thoughts absent and headache inducing confusion put away for a time. Ghost was content to just let himself fully enjoy the current moment; the gentle swishing of the waters kissing the bottom of his perch, the soft singing of birds from the surrounding forest, the gentle breeze that played with his fur and danced about the waters surface to form mesmerizing ripples. Occasionally the winds would blow around his perked audits and the small pup would give a muffled giggle and roll of his eyes. He had let down his guard in the willows when Rajani had found him, he would not be foolish enough to make the same mistake twice: the winds that blew around the lake always returned to Ghost and whispered to him, they would warn him of approaching threats and company alike.

With a languid stretch, Ghost allowed a small paw to dip into the water. The minnows all scattered into deeper waters before slowly returning, some of them beginning to nibble at his toes. A happy smile pulled at Ghost’s lips and a relaxed sigh left him. Eventually this moment would end; Rajani would come searching for him or he would return to her once the sun was fully risen. But for now, he was at peace and Ghost would enjoy this newfound tranquility for as long as he could.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Sylvaine

0.5 y/o xlarge Female
Sylvaine Orru'

How she loved the way the sun crept over the horizon in the early mornings, and as she grew older, and was able to rise earlier and earlier she'd found herself rising before even the sun himself, so she wouldn't miss a moment of his awakening. The girl would stretch, glancing over at Arios with a content sigh and a yawn, the little sapling upon her back was getting larger with each passing day it seemed, the roots spreading reaching down her shoulders and hips as the base of the willows trunk began to grow wider forming a more solid foundation upon her spine with which it was deeply connected. Each movement, every brush of wind that rolled against its bark was felt by her, sending signals to her brain as if the tree was her own flesh. She stretched, adjusting to the way it rocked with her movements. The young girl gave one more childish glance back at her Arios before bounding out of the dens maw, glancing up cautiously to ensure the tops of her branches didn't catch on the roof of the rocks maw, ducking a bit just in case. 

Gray paws drew the colorful youth to the edge of the lake, the place she found herself most mornings, her front paws danced there, impatient for the suns colors to break over the lakes surface. But when her pink gaze shifted to scan her surroundings, fidgeting where she stood, her eyes fell upon that of another. A pale boy primarily of white, his ghastly fur like mist upon the lake as he waded through the water, the girl smiled, wasting no time to try and close the distance between them, however she would pause, only dipping her front toes into the water. Stretching her neck out to try and get closer to him if she could, "Aren't you chilly mister?" the girl chimed with a soft chuckle as the cold nipped at her toes as the water gently rocked in and out with the push of the gentle morning winds. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art by starry--knight @ DA

Ghost

0.7 y/o xsmall Male
Unknown, Unknown Object
Ghost

It was hard to describe how the winds whispered their secrets to him, a lilting whistle that danced around his ears before winding back into the open air. They spoke of many things: alligators that lived on one side of the lake, a herd of deer grazing on the other, and a lone wolf approaching his location. The last bit of information caused the small ivory pup to quickly look around, although no warning could have prepared him for the unique female making way towards him. She seemed a bit larger than he but something about her gave air to innocence, Ghost figured she must be close to his age or perhaps younger. What truly had him frozen was the willow tree that seemingly grew from her back, roots leading down to spread across an incredibly colorful pelt or varying hue. A small smile turned his lips; here he had thought he had left willow trees behind.

Her voice rang out and Ghost shook his head, a soft smile still gracing his lips, before slowly making his way towards the stranger. It didn’t take long to reach her, he hadn’t been far out by any means, and when he did so he was careful not to splash any of the cold waters onto her upon his exit. “I suppose so,” he stepped back a bit before shaking off his paws, still mindful to not get any on the other pup, “I got distracted by how peaceful it is.” Ivory ears caught her chuckle and Ghost gave a small wiggle of excitement. What better way to take your mind off of troublesome things than to make new friends?

His fluffy tail gave a rather excited wag and Ghost took a few steps closer to her now that he was no longer dripping water from his legs, “I’m Ghost, what’s your name?” After his talk with Rajani he had fully embraced his new name, no hesitance heard as he introduced himself. Speaking of his new…mother? Companion? Travel buddy? Regardless, he was positive she would approve of him making new friends and trying his best not to be so closed off from others. Afterall, she said she was making a new home for people like them, for magicka; surely it would be an amazing thing to introduce his new friend to her.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Sylvaine

0.5 y/o xlarge Female
Sylvaine Orru'

The pale boy met her with a smile, to which the small girl gave a wag of her vibrant tail and before she knew it he was beginning to make his way toward her. Trudging back through the water which fought his movements as he sought out the shore. Her little paws danced, backing up slightly as he pulled himself from the lake, water cascading from the areas where his coat was thicker, his belly primarily and his legs a bit. Sylvaine smiled backing up a little bit, hoping as she did so she didn't get the chilly water on her. “I suppose so,” he mused, she only cocked her head at him. "Well then why are you out there silly?" she chimed back at him, taking another hop back even as he stepped back to shake off, raising her paw as he did to attempt to shield her face from the spray of water giggling a little bit as she lowered it.  “I got distracted by how peaceful it is.”  "Isn't it amazing out here?!" she exclaimed in agreement, "I'vee never seen you around here before though, where do you live?" she asked, inching closer to the other closing some of the space she'd put to avoid getting wet. 

She smiled again, brighter as his tail wagged, swishing her own in return. Maybe she'd actually get to make a friend closer to her age! “I’m Ghost, what’s your name?” "Ghost huh?" she mused, padding around the male about half way with a playful smile noting how she was already quite a bit larger than the other pup. It was slightly confusing, he didn't look like he was younger than her - in fact older. But already the younger female was beginning to trump him in size. "Yeah, that suits you, I like it" she added in, "I'm Sylvaine" the girl tilted her head, her thoughts shifting "Hey Ghost? How come you're so little?" she piqued, ears drawing atop her crown curiously. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art by starry--knight @ DA

Ghost

0.7 y/o xsmall Male
Unknown, Unknown Object
Ghost

Ghost watched as the other pup hopped about to avoid any water droplets, ears perking at the sound of her giggling. He wondered how she could go about being so happy and seemingly carefree, as if there was not a single thing in her world to cause her a moments hesitation. He listened as she exclaimed about how amazing the surrounding lake was and, for a moment, Ghost thought that maybe he would like to be so lighthearted one day too. Her question returned him from his musings and he gave an excited wiggle in place, unable to contain the thrill of sharing his newfound family in Rajani. “I’m new here! I was left in the willow trees and Rajani found me and she’s my mom now. She said we’re going to make a new home.” He was just so eager to share his new circumstance that it went unnoticed how he didn’t truly answer the other pup. No matter, it’s not like Rajani had explicitly said where their new home would be anyway.

His enthusiasm briefly died down as she took in his name, nerves spiking as she padded about him while perhaps mulling over how fitting his name may be. Her playful smile helped to soothe his easily triggered nervousness and he returned it with a hesitant grin of his own. Her acceptance quickly saw to Ghost once more smiling in excited relief, a pleased hum following the delivery of her own name. . It was a name unlike any he had heard before, a perfectly unique match to her unusual physical appearance. He was about to question after just that when she voiced her own thoughts, the question lending a bit of a puzzled look to Ghost’s own features. Why was he so small? He recalled a distant voice of the past mockingly calling him runt but just as quickly recalled his once-mother assuring him that good pups were small and quiet as a mouse, and he was such a good pup. He decided he preferred the words of his once-mother. “Good pups are ‘seldom seen and never heard’. So, I have to be small, because that’s the best way to not bother anyone and be good. And nobody can hear me if I don’t want them too anyway!”. It made perfect sense to him. Or, at least, he thought it did. He was quickly realizing that in this new existence of his he was often made to reconsider things he had initially thought to be natural truths. A quick shake of his head to dispel the confusion followed by a curious inquiry of, “why do you have a tree growing on your back?”

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.