kick em while they're down

Scathach

of

6 y/o large Female
© Kii

Though she intended to do so, she had yet to seek out the Founder's Grove in order to seek out the new leader of The Order. She would do so in time but for now she was enjoying the freedom to go where she wanted and hunt who she pleased. It had been a while since she'd managed to find a magicka to bring to justice though she supposed that it was just not meant to be. The time would come that she would be able to show them the way and free them from their curse.

The winds would bring her North on this particular day it would seem and she wondered if perhaps something lay here for her to discover. Anticipation made her skin crawl though she flew straight until the sight of the Lake came in to view. Eager, she descended, orange eyes sweeping the open areas for any sign of others. Nostrils flared, seeking out scents of anyone that had strolled through here. There was only one that was fresher than the others though something told her this was not one she was seeking. Disappointment grew in her chest as she landed, huffing a bit. Well if she was here already she might as well search.

Claws digging in to the soft earth beneath her, ears flicked to rub against her horns before she would move forward idly. For a while she paced, growing bored rather quickly. But, before she could decide to take to the skies to leave again, the spirits that resided within the shadow-like mane giggled and whispered wildly, high pitched voices only she would hear. A cave, a cave they said. Glancing around, she noticed it after a moment, exciting the spirits as the shadows seemed to dance more rapidly for a moment. Without waiting, she stepped forward, eyes narrowing slightly as she tried to sense any presence.

scathach
html by castlegraphics; art by blacknemera

Fallyn

of

4 y/o medium Male
© Ginga

In the still blackness of the cave he sat. His rear glued to the ground while every hair on his pelt bristled at all the woe he'd endured over the last few weeks. He felt every sun rise and every sunset as being the last yet.. They glowed with the radiance of another day. A growl escaped him as the Blessing of another day was just around the corner again. He could see the light dawn over the mountains out the mouth of the cave and yet his eyes had had no time for rest. He found himself weary and frozen to the place he sat not energy to move and more will to fight with himself then for breakfast. 

Who does he think he is..His mind seethed in fierce anger. His muscles tensing and rolling with the idea of his brother's betrayal. Of all the people who should have seen through his ploy.. No hes a stupid brute with no brain of his own. A snarl ripped out of his chest and echoed out the mouth of the cave. Its sound letting everything within ear shot know where he was and to hide in fear of his anger. His shoulders rippled with trained and taunt muscles while the fur on top rolled and bristled to the sound of his rage. 

And that princess has him wrapped around her dainty little paw.. She didn't even think twice about taunting him back about what he was aiming for no.. Both of them were so full of their own ego and places in the rank they acted as if they didn't even know him... How dare they... How dare they.. Slow fits of twitches stared to crackle around him causing his head to sink even further down till his nose almost touched the floor. His teeth ground together so hard to keep from venting the anger to the outside world... And through all this he felt a presence. One not unlike himself, a horse affinity, one that might even be looking for him. "If they sent you.. Turn around and go home. I am not in the mood for chatting. In fact Im in the mood to rip someone to shreds.." His voice was low and very controlled but still their lingered a dark and insane tint to his words. He meant what he said and he said what he meant. There was no doubt in his mind that if this being at the foot of his cave came within reach and pushed for pleasantry's there would be no turning back.  

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Scathach

of

6 y/o large Female
© Kii

What met her were the sounds of snarls and growls that were far from welcoming and friendly. If she had to guess, the man inside did not want any company. She could sense without a doubt now that he was mundane like her and a twinge of sadness twisted in her chest. But why was he up here so far from the others? Breathing in, she could smell the same scent as the armorer she had met. Order. Was there a reason he was up here, so far from his people?

Without saying anything, words were called out, warning her against approaching the cave. They made her skin itch and the fur along her back stood on end in irritation. They? She could only assume he meant the Order. Was he not supposed to be here? "I was sent by no one. It does not concern me if you choose to run and hide like a coward, at least not yet." She did not know the troubles he was dealing with or what might be plaguing his mind. It didn't really matter though. All she saw was cowardice in the way he hid and forbade anyone from trying approach. Her fur bristled still in memory of the last of his words. "You want to rip something to shred? Search for magicka with me." She did not know him but it did not matter she supposed. They were brother and sister in the grand scheme of things, with the same end goal in mind. And soon enough she would return to give herself back to the Order as she had done since the day of her birth.

scathach

Fallyn

of

4 y/o medium Male
© Ginga

As if it were that easy she called to him. The very soul of his existence. She called him a coward and told him he shouldn't be here hiding in the cave like a leech off of life. No she pulled a dagger of truth and shoved it into his side in order to grab his attention. He couldn't help but let a growl loose form his lips. She too would force him to walk into the light and force him to change his mind. Did he want to? Did he want to go back to that place and face the people who called him a traitor.. The people who named him the fool before he could even get a word in. Yet she was here and.. As he picked up her scent.. She was not from the order.. No but she was ready to fight Magicka as much as he was. 

She left him with an open invitation that in less stressful times he would take in a heart beat.. And it was even harder to pass up now. His heart was not in the right place for this kind of mission.. No it wouldn't be just a culling.. If he went with her now and accepted her request to hunt for prey.. It would be Cold murder. It wouldn't be just his job and killing for the sake of the order. It would change him into a murderer. He wouldn't just kill the body and take it back to the order.. He would tear it to shreds and bathe in its blood. The anger built up in him too great for him to control. "If I leave this cave and go with you.." He breathe out in hate "I will become a murderer.. A cold blooded monster.. Do you want that of me? Is that what everyone wants of me?" His voice changed from a growling snarl to a cold whisper.. He didn't know what was going on with him or why everything seemed to just pull the anger to the surface. He couldn't control anything right now.. and maybe that was what drew this stranger to him.

"My name is Fallyn.. I am a warrior of the Order and a brute who doesn't deserve even that title." He couldn't believe he was just letting this stranger know him but really he didn't care. All he wanted to do was stick it to the Order and run.. But like she had said to him earlier.. Was he willing to become a coward and run away from his problems.. or would he choose strength and return to face Anaru and Odin with their accusations. He didn't know.. What he wanted to know was whether this wolf in front of him wanted his claws.. Or if she wanted something he wasn't willing to hand over.. "I am a slave to a woman of power.." He paused and let his silvery blue eyes reflect the light of the entrance only to continue with.."I can not be a slave to two masters.. I will either become addicted to one and hated the other.. or I will fight for one and be little the other.." His eyes then left the woman and moved to the floor. Their orbs becoming distant in the memories of the meeting he had completely ruined. 

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Scathach

of

6 y/o large Female
© Kii

His attention was at least captured by her words. She could hear it in the growl that came in response to her provoking words calling him out on his cowardice. She did not know why he was hiding away up here and she was not sure she cared honestly. She was not one to fish around in the business of a stranger. The only way she would become involved was if she was forced to be. Unless he had done something that went against everything the Order stood for when she finally returned, he could do what he wanted.

Ears flicked as he gave his response, saying he could go with her but he would become a murderer. Oh? Was his conscience really so strong that it would really affect him? A small scoff left her as the spirits hiding within the darkness of her mane seemed to giggle. "Perhaps some would see it that way, yes. To those you bring down you will be a murderer as we all are. But to Eleutheria who watches over us, you will be a savior. Is it not our mission to free those committing such sins with their witchcraft?" He would be able to tell by now by the way she spoke that she knew of the Order and their mission. It was because of this mission that she was still pushing forward after all.

At last he would introduce himself, becoming more than just a coward hiding within a cave though there was plenty of self pity present as he gave himself insult. "I am Scathach. I was born to the Order and fought for its cause before everything crumbled." Perhaps the fact she'd had yet to return made her a coward in her own right as well though it had not been reformed for long. He spoke again then, stating that he was a slave to power. She supposed she could not fault him for that. Nothing more was said as she let him finish, spirits dancing chaotically within the shadows of her fur as eyes burned into the darkness of the cave where he remained hidden. "So what is it you will choose?" If returning was his choice she supposed joining him would be her course of action. The longer she put off seeking out the new Patriarch, the less likely she would be to do it at all.

scathach

Fallyn

of

4 y/o medium Male
© Ginga

He crumbled under her reasoning. Yes he was supposed to see it that way. He was supposed to see it as a mercy and not a death but something inside of him told him otherwise. He knew better but still fought for the same cause. He would force himself to believe the lies fed to him as a child and forced down his throat as a young adult. He grew up side by side with one of the most bravest and honorable males he'd come to know so far. Slowly Fallyn raised his haunches and walked out into the light his eyes changing from the fierce angered runt to a tired and weary soldier. She seemed to know a lot about what he was apart of and when she mentioned being raised in the order he wondered how he'd never seen her. 

"I was also raised among the order." He mumbled and started forward without really answering her question. He was for the most part smaller then her and she was more intimidating up close then he would ever let on. "I'm heading back to the Order.. If you wish to kill the Magicka.." He paused and stopped, His paws making small prints in the melting snow. "Meeting Anaru will be your best bet.." His voice was calm, but every hair on his shoulders stood straight up in fear. He knew what he had to do but he was not looking forward to telling her about his disappearance. "I have need to talk with her too.. Might as well put in some good with the bad.. If you join me that is.." He would pull this little stunt and take her in. He would get credit for bringing a new comer but he will probably die for losing his pup. 

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

Scathach

of

6 y/o large Female
© Kii

At last he would step forward in to full view, away from his hiding spot. Muscles tensed of their own volition, prepared for a fight as she was with any stranger, mundane or not. She was a fair size larger than him and, in truth, he was not very intimidating. But dismissing someone based on appearance alone was a good way to wind up dead or injured. It was especially good to be careful around someone who seemed to be upset over something. Emotions made one stupid and impulsive and she was not sure she trusted him not to lunge at her.

But he seemed calm enough as he stated he was raised in the order as well. Ah, perhaps someone younger than herself. She did not interact with many who were younger than she, focusing on her training instead and moving on to her missions she was sent out to complete. They had been in the middle of a war after all. There was no way she'd be able to keep up with everyone who had been part of their forced, especially since many never made it home at all.

He gave no exact response to her question though his actions were answer enough. He was returning then. There was even a suggestion that she return with him to speak to this Anaru individual as well. Ah, that name was at least vaguely familiar she supposed. But it was his last words that made her lips part in to a toothy smirk that was every bit as dangerous as it seemed. "I will seek her out, but don't try and pass my deciding to return as your own idea. Whatever lays in wait for you there is yours to bear." Lips peeling back in to a final snarl, she turned then to begin their journey back. Around her, the air was filled with spirit laughter.

scathach

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.