[AW]  Feels Like Home Again

Bryker

Chieftain Breezai of Dei Gratia

8 y/o medium Male
Lynus, Male Uakari
© foxbox

Dovain. The name was unfamiliar to him. He had not heard of her sister, but he was determined not to forget it. Maybe in a future adventure they might cross paths, and he wanted to commit the name to memory if it happened. "I hope you get to see her again soon." he said. He wondered again how they had gotten separated, but did not ask. He would save his questions for another time. 

The conversation evolved, but the mood did not improve. It was still somber between them. Bryker felt guilty. He usually was a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Someone who went with the flow and encouraged others. He worried he was not making the best impression, having addressed such a heavy topic so early in their acquaintance-ship. 

But Anastasia did not seem so put off after Bryker told her about the coven he was planning. It had consumed much of his thoughts lately, and he was happy to share them. 

"I am planning to build it similarly to what the coven was before, but a bit differently. Previously, the coven had been split by power- meaning magical power. So all the fire elements were in one clan, air in another, light and so on. I don't believe this is the best way. I think we should be split into abilities, rather than by magic." he explained as they walked together. 

"I also don't agree in separation from the mundanes- though many do not share this opinion." He sighed. "I do understand why. Mundanes sought to wipe out the other affinities, so there is a lot of mistrust there... But I don't think this is the way forward. I've met mundanes... Not everyone thinks the same way. I want to offer a place for anyone, regardless of affinity, but I'm not sure how practical it is. I already have a mundane in the coven, and it was not exactly an easy transition- still isn't. And it will happen again and again as new people come in. He will have to re-earn the trust he worked so hard to achieve." Bryker said, his voice dampened again. 

"I'm surprised he wants to stay, but it means a lot to me... He must have a lot of faith in this idea..."  he mused. 

Table @ Centience

Anastasia

Advisor of Dei Gratia

9 y/o medium Female
© Centience
Anastasia Orelia

"I hope you get to see her again soon." she smiled softly. She did too. 

"I am planning to build it similarly to what the coven was before, but a bit differently. Previously, the coven had been split by power- meaning magical power. So all the fire elements were in one clan, air in another, light and so on. I don't believe this is the best way. I think we should be split into abilities, rather than by magic." Anastasia would nod quietly, repeatedly shifting her soft pink hues over to glance at Brykers face allowing him to tell his tale without interruption. She could agree with that, especially for a pack, why would they come together only to live as if divided? "I also don't agree in separation from the mundanes- though many do not share this opinion." now that was interesting...especially from a native. "I do understand why. Mundanes sought to wipe out the other affinities, so there is a lot of mistrust there... But I don't think this is the way forward. I've met mundanes... Not everyone thinks the same way. I want to offer a place for anyone, regardless of affinity, but I'm not sure how practical it is. I already have a mundane in the coven, and it was not exactly an easy transition- still isn't. And it will happen again and again as new people come in. He will have to re-earn the trust he worked so hard to achieve."

"I'm surprised he wants to stay, but it means a lot to me... He must have a lot of faith in this idea..." "He must...Nidria is not my home so I don't share many of the ideas of the wolves that were born here" she mused thoughtfully, "War can be hard, but...why brand the entire affinity for the actions of some? Hate is not genetic." she explained in agreement with the ideas that Bryker held. This place would be hard, just from the information she'd gathered thus far about the Mundane & magicka's disagreements. He'd have to work his tail off, but nothing great was built in a day, or even a week or even months most of the time. Her eyes drifted back to Bryker, soft sandy ears drawing back slightly "I could...I mean I don't have a place to call home right now. If you're open to new additions..." she mumbled softly, suddenly feeling unsure of the idea of inviting herself. 

Soft eyes pulled from him turning skyward as the great islands began to come into view, and her whole demeanor shifted, face brightening tail sweeping up over her back. "Oh wow! Look at them, they're amazing!" she beamed, racing a few strides ahead of him to try and get a better look. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art by starry--knight @ DA

Bryker

Chieftain Breezai of Dei Gratia

8 y/o medium Male
Lynus, Male Uakari
© foxbox

Bryker nodded at Anastasia's words about the war, and how it had left unsettled opinions between the magicka and the mundanes, but that not everyone should fall under the same category just because of something that had happened in the past. He was staring off into space as she spoke, listening to her tone and warmth within. Tentatively, she hinted that she did not have a home. Bryker's golden eyes shifted to the side to look at her. His tail swayed gently. Did she want a place to call home? The though had no sooner entered his head than Ana continued, her voice humbled. 

Bryker grinned and wagged his tail feverishly. 

"Of course! We are always accepting new members!" Bryker exclaimed joyfully. "But before you join officially, you should know that we sort our clans by season of birth to help round out who will do what within the coven. When were you born?" he asked. 

The sound of water rushing to the shore lifted Bryker's ears. He turned his head and looked forward again, spying the edge of the treeline.

He turned back to Ana. He grinned and whispered, "We're almost there. Just up ahead."

Less than a minute later, the two wolves peeked out of the trees. Standing before them was the shoreline, the waving blue waters, and gigantic floating islands hovering over the waters. The islands would be larger up close, but from their distance they were still a sight to behold. Rocks and trees hardly ever floated. Only across the endless water did they. It was a phenomenon no one could explain. Bryker had been to the islands a handful of times, but had yet to learn their secrets. They were uninhabited for the time; or perhaps he was naive and whoever called the place home was superior to him at hiding. 

Ana beamed at him and rushed forward, trying to get a better look. Bryker picked up his pace, but padded smoothly after her. He rejoined the woman at her side and studied her expression. It was full of wonder as her eyes shifted across the islands, soaking them in like a sponge. Bryker smiled and waved his tail, turning his face to look at the islands across the water with rejuvenated interest.  

Table @ Centience

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.