[AW]  ain't no place to call home

Isara

of

11 m y/o small Female
© Nivaeria

Isara Moonvale

“it's a big, bright, beautiful world”

Ugh...why was it so...hot? The air just feels so...heavy. What was going on? Was I sick or something? I thought being under the trees would help things but obviously it wasn’t. My fur felt like it was sticking to my skin and every part of my body ached from all the constant walking around I had been doing. How long had I been walking around aimlessly anyways? I remember Dhara had left for something and then I decided to go exploring…

Then I got lost.

I didn’t know how to get back to where Dhara, Elle, and I slept. But I was sure to find it someday, right? Right? A pang of worry echoed within me as I tried to force myself to believe that I would. I would find it one day...but would they still be there? Would they recognize me? What if something happened to them? How long exactly had I been gone anyways?

How long…? No.

Furiously, I shook my head to try and help me get rid of those thoughts. I had to look at the positives. Didn’t I? Positive number one - I wasn’t in a cave. Positive number two - I was still having fun exploring the surface world despite being lost, wasn’t I? And Positive number three…

Thoughts stilled as my eyes took in the sight before me as I walked into a clearing. “Ahhh!” I let out softly and yet excitedly as I took in the beauty of the body of water that laid before me. It was larger than any puddle I had ever seen and surrounded by trees and some large rock. I think Dhara called something like it a mountain one time. It was so pretty! Immediately, I ran straight to the edge and looked down into the water curious to see what lived in there, if anything lived in there.

Excitedly and curiously, my tail swished to and fro as I looked down and soon could make out shapes of creatures beneath the water’s surface. Without even thinking, I reached out with a paw and tried to swipe at one of the creatures. This really only led to me splashing myself with the cool water and for all the creatures speedily swimming away out of sight.

“Ah,” I began to mutter aloud, “No, don’t leave!” My ears fell and my tail lay motionless as I realized that I had scared away all the creatures and that they probably wouldn’t come back anytime soon, “Kom op bakon…” I pleaded softly to the empty water as I lay there out in the open unaware of what was going on around me.

"speaking, hover for translations"

Table by Centience.
Isara's native language is Trigedasleng.
Powerplay outside of battle is allowed so long as it doesn't result in injury.

Archelaos

of

7 y/o large Male
Eton, male butterfly
© Night
He truly did not enjoy the brightness and sweltering heat of the day, for many reasons. The most obvious was his fur of inky night hue, of course, followed by the thickness of it. His teleportation didn’t work very well when the sun shone high above, either, which irked him perhaps more than the heat. Nor did his coloration allow him to blend in so easily as he did covered in the cloak of night. All in all, while he did not burn in the sun’s rays like the vampires of old, this wolf’s aversion to them combined with other attributes of his made him about as vampiric as one could get. So, that being said, why was he out in it? Well, most of those with whom he was concerned within Nidria operated on a diurnal schedule, unfortunately, and so it was something that had to be endured.

He stuck to the shade as much as possible, tail swishing lowly as he slunk about like a tiger stalking its prey. Amber eyes shone brightly against the darkness whenever he found it, but in the light, they looked more like gemstones. And when his gaze fell upon a young female... well. She was too young to be interesting to him in the usual way women were, but that didn’t make her useless. She could be molded. A wicked grin curled his maw before lightening into a more pleasant-looking smile. “My dear, you look upset,” he crooned, studying her reflection in the water as he came up beside her. “What’s wrong, hmm?”

Isara

of

11 m y/o small Female
© Nivaeria

Isara Moonvale

“it's a big, bright, beautiful world”

‘My dear, you look upset.’ Dark-hued and pointed ears swiveled at the sound of another’s voice resonating upon the tranquil air. It startled me at first because I had thought that I was alone. Apparently though, I was not. Judging by the voice it was a male wolf much larger than myself.

But it wasn’t Dhara.

Dhara’s voice was much smoother and calming than this one was.

“They left,” I muttered as my teal eyes drifted towards the reflection of the wolf who had come up beside me asking what was wrong. Dark features, bright eyes, and I felt a sudden uneasiness. Something of which that I had grown up with for most of my life. Slowly, I raised my head to look at the wolf beside me before realizing that they didn’t have wings.

Memories of the darkness and the torture that my mother and others had endured filled my mind. The sight of my mother’s dead body flashed before my eyes.

It couldn’t be...

“Nou flapas…” I muttered to myself in fear and quickly began stepping backward. This feeling...wingless...it couldn’t be. Was he one of those wingless that had kept my mother and I imprisoned within that cave?! I tried to hurry away from this stranger who I was now suddenly frightened of. Quickly, the fear began coiling itself around me squeezing tighter and tighter until eventually, I could feel and see the ground begin to do what it seemed to randomly do at times. Purple colored, shiny, and pointed rocks began to grow on the ground between this wingless wolf and I. At first they began small but then suddenly erupted as a bunch of larger sized rocks. It wasn’t until I managed to trip over one of my overly large wings that I noticed the tips of these rocks were pointed out towards the wingless wolf. It...was almost as if the see-through rocks were trying to protect me. Was that even possible?

“Ban op Ai soulou!” my voice shakily screamed at him with my native tongue. The fear that filled my tiny little body was immense. It was thick and viscous...suffocating every inch of my senses until I was merely navigating and responding to the world blindly and unpredictably. I only hoped that my meager attempts to ward off another trip to the cave would prove to be successful.

"speaking, hover for translations"

@Archelaos

Notes: She used her Crystal Pillar Projection magick. She doesn't really know how to control it and the crystals that formed are Amethyst.

Table by Centience.
Isara's native language is Trigedasleng.
Powerplay outside of battle is allowed so long as it doesn't result in injury.

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.